Anyone seen this PDF problem?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by lexvo, Dec 11, 2012.

1. lexvo, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

lexvo macrumors 65816

I have a problem with displaying images in a PDF on the iPad. The PDF is created from a MS-Word file on a PC.
    On a PC, the images in the PDF display OK.
    On an iMac, the images in the PDF display OK.
    Only on the iPad, the images in the PDF display weird, see these pictures:

First the correct image as it is diplayed on PC and iMac:
    [​IMG]

And this is how it looks on my iPad:
    [​IMG]

So, the text displays OK, images not.

2. Jaypi macrumors regular

Jaypi

3. lexvo thread starter macrumors 65816

Problem solved

I start with documents in MS-Office on a Windows-PC. I do all my PDF conversions with PDFCreator (for MS-Office docs, e-mail etc...).

I have tried several settings in PDFCreator to solve the problem, with no luck.

Then I tried to create a PDF in MS-Word via Save as... And that worked OK on iOS. So problem solved. :)

There must be a subtle difference in the way PDF's are rendered on iOS compared to Windows and OS-X.

4. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

I had an issue where some images in PDFs wouldn't display at all on iPad. It seems iPad couldn't display JPEG2000 images embedded in PDFs (JPEG was okay). I seem to recall that JPEG2000 support was added at some point. I expect you had a similar (but not identical) issue.

5. lexvo thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, I read about the JPEG2000 problem. If I recall correctly, it was solved in a recent iOS version.

I'm glad I worked out my problem. It has to be some setting for PDF, but I couldn't figure out which one. With other files, PDFCreator is working great. Good thing MS-Word has a save to PDF option.