Anyone seen this -- Screen flickers with heartbeat?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eicca, Jan 7, 2015.

1. eicca macrumors 6502

eicca

So this one is bizarre. I picked up my phone the other day and noticed a very slight flicker of about 1hz, almost exactly in sync with my heart beat. Went away when I put it down. I just kinda forgot about it and figured maybe my eyes were tired or something.

It happened again today, exactly in sync with my heart rate when I picked up my phone. Put it down and it went away.

Anyone seen anything like it? Is this some cool new discovery in neuroscience where nerve impulses get picked up by electronics?

Or maybe I'm crazy. Who knows.

2. ineel macrumors regular

Looks like you have diabetes. Go to your doctor immediately if you have not been diagnosed already.

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

This is a stretch, but could it be blood flow in your retinas distorting the image slightly with each pulse beat? I only ask because I've experienced this in the past.

4. eicca thread starter macrumors 6502

eicca

That's what my realistic side was thinking. I was kind of hoping it was neuro-electric interference, but I do experience eye fatigue from being in front of screens.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

I have the same issue, had it for years,, it's the blood flow through the retina.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Seriously, get your Hemoglobin A1C level checked soon, as a precaution.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Thanks. Good to get some verification. I've had a lot of retinal surgery since 1999 and I don't get the effect too much anymore.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

How did you manage to get the Apple Watch OS on your iPhone?

[​IMG]