Anyone sell their stock today?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by pjarvi, Jul 3, 2007.

1. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

I've been watching the price closely for the last week with all of the anticipation surrounding the iPhone, and just sold my whopping 4 shares for a tidy profit. :D

The stock is up +5.91 as I write this.

Now I just need to keep the money in my savings account until the stock price comes back down.

2. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

4 shares, eh? Quite the lucrative business type. :)

I wouldn't mind buying 1 share, just so I can say that I am a partial investor in Apple.

Off topic, but my (lack of) stock buying sucks- I wanted to buy Apple a few years ago when it was about $20. D'oh! I also wanted to by FSLR (a solar company) in January when it was like $20, now it's at almost $100. :(

3. pjarvi thread starter macrumors 65816

pjarvi

I use ShareBuilder myself, but i'm not too knowledgable about these things.

It just dawned on me that I made enough from my stock sale to buy an iPhone...

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Nice! I did that once with some apple stock and my macbook! Go for it!!!!

5. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

I sold mine, too. I was thinking AAPL was due for a major correction before the iPhone, so now it's definitely overdue. Made about $130 I think.

6. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

haha you all should have waited, up 5.58 today :eek:

7. pjarvi thread starter macrumors 65816

pjarvi

:eek:

Saw that too. Oh well, I still made 27% profit. Now if it goes over 140, I'll be pissed. :mad: It won't really matter though, since I've got an automatic investment plan, so on the same day that I sold stock, I also bought more stock that is now up +5.58 :)

8. Mac4Brains macrumors member

Mac4Brains

Apple stock

Now that Apple stock has gotten over $100, is it going to split soon?

9. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

There has been a lot of seemingly irrational exuberance lately concerning Apple's stock. However, the Value Line report is quite optimistic about Apple's business prospects over the next several years. I'm holding on to my shares, though I wouldn't buy any more at this price. If the thing drops back down a few dollars per share, I will consider adding to my holdings.

And really, besides Value Line reports, there's another good way to gauge whether or not to hold Apple stock -- and that's if one still gets salubrious and giddy over the prospect of another purchase from Apple (sorry for stating the obvious).

10. CalPoly10 macrumors regular

I bought the stuff back at $40/share (once it split). I'm doing quite well (bought 50 shares), but I don't see it going down anytime soon.

We have new Aluminum iMacs coming, iLife '07, Tiger, new iPods, then MacWorld...

11. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Me too...I kept "oh I'll get around to it" and here I am years later still without any Apple stock. Oh well...maybe one of these days...

12. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I did that. I bought 1 share, and have a framed stock certificate.

They send me a proxy every year to come to campus for the shareholders meeting. I would feel silly going to that as I just bought the 1 share for the certificate and to say I am an investor in a company I love, but it would be a nice excuse to go :D

13. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

I sold my 300 shares earlier this week, made about eight thousand... Just bought 300 shares back since Apple's having their quarterly earnings this coming Tuesday and I expect really good things.

Now for the Federal Chief to stop scaring the market....

~Crawn

14. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

The best strategy for Apple is to sell in January, and then buy it back in June.