Anyone selling a 13" mbp for mba?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sammyman, Oct 30, 2010.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I am wondering how many people here are selling their 13" mbp for the new mba? I am considering switching, but the only thing that is killing me is the hard drive space. I have a lot of apps, and iphoto, but my itunes are on a NAS. For some reason I seem to fill my 500GB mbp pretty quickly. I am going to try and slim down my mbp and see if it is feasible for me.

Anyone here switching? If so, do you have any concerns? Or what are the main reasons you are switching to the MBA?

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I have an iMac and a whitebook... I just sold my Asus netbook in favor of an HP DM4 ~4 lb 14" laptop with a i5 CPU, 8 Gb RAM and an Intel SSD (both of which I put in myself) and with my 3 year extended warranty (including accidental damage coverage I don't plan to get any more apple computers until at least ivy bridge CPU's...

At 4.2 lbs, this HP is light, powerful and meets my needs easily for screen size/portability = win7 has come a long way since the crap that was winVista!

3. marcovortex macrumors member

marcovortex

Thought about it..

I really like the new Air. What's stopping me from changing from my MBP 13" to it though is one thing.. backlight keyboard. Strange I know. But this is really a feature I can't live without..

4. urkel macrumors 68030

Its not that strange. IF you are looking for a compact/ultraportable then you're going to use it in places like airplanes, outdoors or in bed next to the spouse so backlit keyboards are important in those situations. So it is a big deal (to some) when the previous gen model has a feature and the new one doesn't.