Anyone selling their iPad due to the Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appledude411, Sep 12, 2014.

1. appledude411 macrumors regular

Im debating selling my iPad now as I dont use it
    much as is.. Im thinking with the size of the Plus its really going to make my iPad useless as Ill be reading books on the Plus more.

Anyone else in this boat?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Not in a million years.

3. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

Well I wont be buying a Ipad (never had one but do have Android Tablets) due to the Plus.

Until the Ipad acts more like an OSX, I probably wont be buying one. Was gonna buy an Air 2 before the Plus was confirmed though.

4. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I ordered a Plus and I have an iPad Mini Retina, I will most likely sell it because it doesn't get a lot of use. My phone is always on me and I typically end up just using that, I am pretty excited for the larger screen.

5. appledude411 thread starter macrumors regular

This is my thought process, i can get $315 for my used wifi 3g 2nd gen 64gb

6. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

I won't be selling mine but I do get the question. I see the size of the 6 Plus as blurring the lines between the two devices. I will now want to use my iPhone in ways that I was only using my iPad before. Another reason I opted for a 64gb Plus instead of the usual 16gb iPhones I have gotten in the past. There is no doubt that because of the size difference between my 5s and a 6 Plus I will be using the iPhone differently than I have before but I will always have at least some use for my iPad.

7. illutionz macrumors 65816

I am selling my iPad Mini now that I'm getting the Plus.

8. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I'm considering it. But I'll have to spend some time when the 6 Plus gets here to know for sure.

9. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

I spoke with a good friend of mine that said he would be selling his iPad after getting the iPhone 6+ and I tried to talk him out of it but in the end it's his decision to make.

I feel the 6+ is great to have on me throughout the day but prefer to have larger iPad for a more relaxed & easier viewing experience so I am keeping both.

10. rainking macrumors regular

Nope. The 6+ is no where near the same as my iPad air.

11. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

If/when I get the 6 it will probably be the 4.7". Since I have the rMini I thought about selling it and my iPhone 5 and getting the 6+. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I use my phone and iPad for totally different things. Also, I sometimes use my iPad for messaging and email when my phone battery is low.

12. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I am selling a mini retina. I can handle all of my scheduling, email, short writing projects on the 6+

13. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

My initial plan was yes... but I got a couple cases delivered for the 6+ and nope, not selling my iPad mini retina. Couple reasons... the rMini has the amazing Smart Cover that allows it to stand on a hotel nightstand, and the rMini's battery is way way longer and its overall screen size is almost double the real estate.. so going to keep using it as my media device :)

14. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

Never. I love my iPad Air. On long road trips its a great entertainment device for my 3 kids. My wife's drives a minivan since she is always with the kids. Set the iPad on the stand. Connect to Bluetooth. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to entertain the kids. During the night I use it to read forums, macrumors, etc I use my iPad for that. Ebay. Amazon. BTW I don't even have a desktop at home. In my office I do though.

15. wxman2003 Suspended

When i get the Plus, I will decide on whether or not to sell my rMini. I have a full size iPad, but if the Plus does what I need, I will sell the rMini. Not sure now if I was to sell my 5S now or not. Since swapping the sim is quite easy, it may worth keep when I out in places where grubby hands would want to steal the Plus.

16. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Well I'm not going to sell it, but I may give my Retina mini to my daughter. She has one of our older iPads and the battery is starting to get wonky.

I'm not sure how it will work out with battery life to depend on just one device. I use my iPad for a lot of my work and my phone as a camera and go-to device outdoors and out of the home. I'm juggling between them a lot to manage battery drain.

17. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Yes. I put it up on eBay this morning. I rarely use mine either. I'm always on my MBP or my iPhone.

18. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Wife is pushing me to sell my Mini but it's non-retina and they've been going new for about $200 lately. I think we may keep it until Christmas and then give it to my 5 year old as a gift.

19. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Don't you think you'll upgrade your ipad in one million years? ;)

20. G-Ziss macrumors regular

No way, although I probably will trade in my iPad 2 Gen towards an Air pretty soon.

21. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

22. DelMac macrumors regular

Sold my SG rMini 64GB LTE within 2 days of posting on craigslist at the beginning of august. Had no use for it. The money from that sale covered for a 64GB iP6+, leather Apple case, a pack of screen protectors, and have money left over but am looking at buying a stereo bluetooth headset (Either Sony SBH80s or LG Tone 900 Infinims).

23. goatgotmac macrumors newbie