Anyone selling their iPod touch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jmpmntwnty3, Jun 1, 2008.

1. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

I'm thinking about selling my iPod touch when/before the 3G iPhone releases. Who else plans on doing this? Would it be smarter to sell BEFORE or AFTER? This thing is my only MP3 player right now (my 5th gen iPod died a couple of months ago), and I'd hate to sell it NOW, and be without an MP3 player for possibly a month.

No one knows when the new iPhone will go on sale. It could be next week. It could be 2 or 3 weeks from now. But if I choose to wait to sell, do you think I could still get the same amount as if I sold it say, this week?

Also, do you think $200 is a good selling price? I paid $399 for it back in October when it came out, but the back is all scratched up now. Other than that, nothing's wrong with it.

2. albinoAZN macrumors regular

I sold mine a week ago. Since you've got the 16GB, I would try to sell for about $300. I think $200 is just way too low, even if the back is scratched, it still functions properly.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I'm in the same boat as you. I will sell my 8 gig only when the release date and price for the new iPhone is confirmed. that is if the new iPhone has 3g and gps. if there is no gps then screw it I'll get another phone.

4. jmpmntwnty3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I just got a new car from my mom and stepdad as a graduation gift, and I was gonna get a GPS navigation system from Radio Shack or somewhere, but I heard that the iPhone is gonna have GPS built-in. So I'm also waiting to see if the thing has GPS too! It'll save me the trouble of purchasing a separate system.

$300? Wow! I'll probably MAKE a profit, or not have to put any money to the purchase of the new iPhone, seeing as the cost is rumored to be subsidized if you renew your contract (I'm eligible for an upgrade).