Anyone shut off Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by utl768, Oct 16, 2011.

1. utl768 macrumors 6502

3G is so damn fast now and while Wi-Fi is still a little bit faster with unlimited data just cool not have to worry about getting in Internet connection

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Why would you? I don't notice a battery impact having Wi-Fi on vs. having it off.

Having Wi-Fi is useful when you use your iPhone for things such as AirPrint, or for home automation that relies on your iPhone being on the same network as your home automation equipment.

Also, YouTube and Netflix load in much better quality over Wi-fi.

4. Kaenon macrumors regular

AT&T 3G is fast, Verizon is not, and Sprint is just plain Awful with a capital A.

5. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

Agreed, 3G has been super fast on my 4s and AT&T. But I still use wifi at nights when I charge my iPhone because that's how the phone backups with iCloud.

6. utl768 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's about the only thing keeping me with AT&T

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

You know what, I'm on AT&T and with my 3GS I would always have wifi on and connect everywhere I went - but I did just notice that I had turned it off when I was trying to activate while driving and haven't turned it back on - this speed really is significantly faster than on my 3GS.

8. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I keep 3G on when I'm at home, and I have Verizon. Internet is so slow here it's ridiculous. I am calling my ISP tomorrow to see what's up.

9. mwhities macrumors 6502a

I turn my WiFi off every night or when I think there might be a chance I have to drive all day. I don't have a car charger and don't really NEED one, so I try (and hope) to conserve the battery.

I do have the unlimited with AT&T, I've used the max of 712megs.

10. gtmac macrumors 6502a

I see no real reason to turn it off. But today I wanted to test the speed of 3G and turned it off. I had it off quite a while before noticing it was off. It is pretty fast but wifi is better period!

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Nope, cause my WiFi at home is very fast. 50 down & 7 up.

I don't use any of the free wifi outside like ATT, Starbucks, etc: cause they are mostly slow & unreliable.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have unlimited data, but at home I use WiFi so that I can connect to my Airplay devices, sync with iTunes, and don't suffer from latency issues when calling with Skype.