Anyone specifically buying one as a gift or a pair for you and another?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BeyondtheTech, Apr 9, 2015.

1. BeyondtheTech, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Gathering from the threads, it looks like there's a lot of single purchasers here, but I'm looking to order for my wife and myself, 38mm and 42mm models. Anyone have a specific game plan for buying more than one (and not for scalping purposes)? Buying one online, and one in-store? Getting two of the same? Anyone getting one specifically as a gift and not for yourself?

All my family's devices are basically tied to one Apple ID and Family Sharing, so it's all on one credit card, but I just hope they're not going to give me a problem during checkout if I'm going to buy two.

2. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I'm ordering mine through my Apple ID and my wife is ordering hers through her Apple ID. Strange, we use family sharing also, but we each still have our own unique Apple ID...

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

We are in the same boat. My husband has always bought our Apple products under his ID and family sharing. We share an Itunes account as well.

We are planning to buy one 42 mm Sport for him and two 38 mm Sports. One is for me, one is a birthday gift for my husband's sister. If need be, we will sacrifice hubby's pre-order since it is me and Sis who have the excitement for the watch and Hubby is ambivalent.

Since our school is still on spring holiday this week I can stay up or wake up for the preorder and not worry about being bleary eyed getting everyone up and at 'em. i will probably set up my own account with Apple tonight. Sis has her own but seeing as this is a gift we have to use one of ours.

Good luck tonight! Or early this morning...depending on your point of view.

4. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Let's just pray there are no quantity restrictions on online purchases.

5. Bengy66 macrumors regular

I spoke with Apple yesterday and they advised that I will not have an issue preordering 2 apple watches with the same credit card.

That's assuming the servers don't buckle, there is adequate supply, and the the rep was sound of mind.

6. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

I'm buying myself an Apple Watch and one for my best friend who is going to be driving cross country, and also one for my dad who is away on holiday.

God I hope I can get three ordered. I've got two credit cards and a second Apple store account standing by in case I need them.

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm pretty sure for most iPhone and iPad launches the restrictions have been two per customers, so if they follow tradition, you should be OK.

8. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

I am also buying one for me and one for my wife.

I will buy both on the same credit card and hopefully both through my appleID. But I've also set my credit card up on her appleID as well just in case it limits me to one.

9. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Smart idea. I'll add my card to hers and install the Apple Store app on her iPad as well. Can't be too safe!

10. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Can you choose your form of payment upon checkout or does it have to be the card on file?

11. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I'm contemplating buying a 38 and 42 and then returning the one I don't prefer.

12. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Who knows. I would set it up first though to save valuable time when others are processing orders. I also enabled express checkout on both accounts so in theory I should get a green button that will instantly buy to my address rather than having to add it to a basket.

That, and using favourites to add the two watches to each account should mean a 1 click buy process. In theory. Doubt t will be that smooth mind!

13. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

On the bottom of the Apple Store app, there are two buttons - Buy with other payment options, or Apple Pay (with the card currently associated to the Apple ID). Just have the spare card handy, get ready to type fast, and verify the card info. Seconds can count between a 24th delivery and a May 8th delivery. :)

14. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Ordering mine and if it is good enough I'm going to get it for my other.

I really hope it cuts down on the phone time, and if it does for me it's a given. Drives me nuts how often he is on the phone binging around on Twitter or some ****

15. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Yep, one for me and one for the wife. 38mm Sport with pink band for her; 42mm black Sport for me. I've got both of them "favorited" on the Apple Store so I will pre-order both online tomorrow morning using my Apple ID. If they run out, so be it, I'll just get them later.

FYI, in the past when I've purchased Apple devices for my wife using my ID, not surprisingly they end up being listed as MY devices at the AppleID.apple.com website. After a couple days, I delete those from my ID, and add them to her Apple ID. It pays to check the devices associated with your Apple ID every once in a while.