Anyone staying up to order at midnight local time?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PDFierro, Apr 9, 2015.

1. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I am. I'm also 50/50 on the Apple Watch, so that's part of it. I also just want to get my BTO MacBook ASAP, so earlier I get my order in the better.

2. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

I live in CA and I don't work tomorrow, so yeah, I will wait until midnight.

3. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

:)
    Yep. I'm a night owl anyway, so I'll be awake with youfor whenever the Store starts selling them!

4. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

absolutely. want to order a rMB as well as a watch

5. EatTheApple macrumors member

It seems it the best option for me in case I don't get one in stores tomorow..kinda sucks....

Anyone know when I should expect my Mac to be delivered? I'm guessing I should get it Monday??

Also I wish I could order the watch :/ I'm too poor for that unfortunately lol

I got a physics midterm tomorow...so I guess this will force me to study all night..

6. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

no one has any idea. I doubt it would deliver Monday even if stock was high.

7. EatTheApple macrumors member

:( :( :( why is apple doing this....wish I could be sure that I can just pick it up at the store tomorow but apple are being dicks about it

My fear is that I don't find some in store tomorow so I DONT cancel my order...but Saturday the stores get some...that would kill me

8. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

thats what everyone is frustrated with. We just don't know. Its possible you could still cancel on Saturday if one is in store. Do you have limited funds? If the online one ships and you find in store before it arrives you could still buy and then return the other when it delivers.

9. EatTheApple macrumors member

well I have a 2000$ limit per week so....and I didn't remove it becausthat I would find one in stores tomorrow..but apple changed everything up

10. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Ordering a watch, will see if Macbook is available for in store pickup. If not, not sure my plan.

11. SamR123 macrumors member

SamR123

Just checked if I could order in the Dutch online store. It's currently 'down'. Being updated. I have hopes I will be able to order one now.

12. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

It's a MacBook, and an overpriced one at that. It's not an iPhone or even an iPad. There will be plenty in stores tomorrow. I'm gonna order one tonight just so I can get in and get out easier tomorrow.

13. destine2grow macrumors member

I want to stay up and order but I am entirely to tired. I thought about ordering the MacBooks and apple watch. However I would only purchase both if I was getting the 1.1/256 MacBook.

14. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

I'm definitely interested to see what the shipping times are for BTO models. Hopefully it's not any longer than the standard 1-3 business days.

15. bluush macrumors 6502

If it's 1-3 days I'll pick up the high end gold on the website. I would love to have it tomorrow but don't even want to fathom dealing with the nightmare the Apple store will be tomorrow. I can wait a few days.

16. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

1-3 business days means that's how long it takes Apple to build it and begin the shipping process. So it's more like a week. And it's different now with the MacBook being released on a Friday.

17. bluush macrumors 6502

Still fine with me. I'm in no rush. Now, if it's showing 2 weeks or something I may simply brave a trip down to the Apple store.

18. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

I'm with you. If I can get it between the 17th-21st, I'll be happy. I'm ideally hoping to have it by next Friday.

19. bluush macrumors 6502

Yeah I really dislike the ruckus of the Apple store and hope to avoid it if possible, especially on a launch day. If anything, the gold notebooks are going to be the ones that sell out first anyway so I'm pretty much banking on placing my order as soon as the online store comes back up

20. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

Less than an hour now. Hopefully the store runs smooth.