Anyone still buying AAPL-Stock?

ArztMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
What is your take on the current stock price? Forbes just released a bullish estimate for the stock to reach $960 by the end of this year. Current prices is just over $580...

While I like to see the price go up (purchased 50 shares at $70 5 years ago), I am kicking myself everyday for not dropping my whole net worth into this stock. There has never been a more sure thing in the world than Apple Stock in the last few years. Gosh, they are sitting on a cash pile of upwards of $100 billion. Remember that Dell is worth $30 billion as a whole company...

This is madness.

On Monday, I bought another 40 shares... What do you guys think, should I buy even more or am I too late to the party now to invest even more of my assets into this stock? Is there any indication AT ALL that prices will drop in the near to midterm future?

What's your investment strategy?

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
What's your investment strategy?
Diversification. While it would be nice to have a crap ton of Apple Stock, you need something to hedge the possiblities of the stock not preforming as well as you anticipated. If Apple is the only stock in your portfolio or is a major %, I would look at changing it up a little more

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
In '03 when I started hanging on MacRumors people were complaining because it was trading at like $15. Hindsight is always 20/20 :eek:

ender land

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2010
Not when you had 50 shares at $12 like I did...wish I wasn't so broke a few years ago when I sold it all at $200...
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who could give you equally as compelling stories as to why that is a bad case.