Anyone still experiencing the Reachability glitch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Dec 7, 2014.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

Where it doesn't detect it on the upper part of the button. I thought this was fixed on 8.1?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It doesn't work most of the time for me, but I really don't care because it's a stupid feature(in my opinion). I can get away with one handed uses on my 6 plus most of the time, and the other 5-10% of the time I have the ability to use my other hand.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Really? I (try to) use it all the time. I have a pretty hard time navigating the phone one handed without it.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've never had any issues with TouchID(except for on iOS 7.0), but for whatever reason the sensor doesn't seem to register the double tap most of the time on my 6 plus.

Did you end up with another iPhone 6?

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Lol yeah, I'm a fickle man. So far liking it, although still not nearly as comfortable as the 5S. I love the screen and speed though.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The 4.7 and 5.5" screens are great. When I picked up my 6 plus, my wife was seriously looking at the 6. Anyway, Reachability doesn't really seem like that great of a feature for me, so I just do without it.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I don't use reach ability ever... But I just tried it and it's not activating when tapping the upper part of the button, for what that's worth.

Reachability is useless imo without a smaller keyboard. There is a neat jaikbreak tweak that allows the keyboard to shrink to the left or right depending in which hand you generally type with (I don't have more info so don't ask if it actually knows which hand you're using at any given time). I'd consider jailbreaking for that if I felt the need to type one handed... Ever. I simply don't have that compulsion. If I don't have two hands I have Siri do the typing or I simply don't type.

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

How would a smaller keyboard effect Reachability?

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It doesn't effect reachability specifically. It just allows me to type with one hand. since I can't do that I have no real use for reachability. Most everything I do involves some form of typing.

10. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ah I see. See I can type just fine one handed, it's simply reaching the upper half of the phone that's hard.

11. azhava macrumors regular

I just tried it - it activates when I tap the upper, lower, left and/or right sides of the button, just as consistently as if I was tapping it in the middle. 6+ on 8.1.1. I even tried tapping with my thumb/finger almost all the way off the top of the button and it still worked fine. Even if there was a glitch I probably wouldn't have noticed it because it's not too hard to tap the center of the button. If anything, I find that I occasionally activate it accidentally by hovering my thumb on the home button and must be moving it just enough for the OS to interpret it as a double tap.

12. stevemiller macrumors 65816

reachability is also supposed to allow you to lower the trigger for the notification shade, but i'm finding that i almost always have to swipe twice to get it to activate. anyone else find this?