Anyone still getting the black screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by irDigital0l, May 11, 2014.

1. irDigital0l Guest

OS X 10.9.2 fixed it for a while on my 13" MBA (2013) but now its coming back.

Its the same problem where the MBA is going to sleep and I wake it resulting the Mac to just shut down.

I also got one where it was a black screen but the mouse was still usuable. Never happened before.

Should I take it to Apple? I bought mines in June so I still under the 1 year warranty.

Or is it still an OS X bug?

2. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I have read that it is a known bug in the OS. I have the same thing with my two week old rMBP.

3. vladobizik macrumors 6502

It still happens to me, sadly, especially after unhooking the MBA from my Belkin TB Dock/Cinema Display and opening the lid. More often than not, I get just a black screen and need to hard reset. Quite annoying, but then, not such a problem most of the time since the booting is so darn quick. But they need to finally fix it one of these days. I wonder what 10.9.3 brings.

4. copa macrumors member

copa

I too get it once in a while. When I open up the lid or wake it from sleep I get a black screen. Most of the time (can't remember any different) the cursor is still active. Fidling with the gestures on the track bad will bring back the machine after a couple of seconds, I haven't yet had to do a restart.

The other thing I'm experiencing then and again is a completely mute machine after waking it up. Only a restart will fix it... :(

5. ToomeyND macrumors 6502

I get the black screen. Had this refurbed 11" air for about 4 months now.

Other than that, I love this computer.

6. dazz87 macrumors 6502

Have that too on a new mba 13". Looks like its a software issue. Hopefully it will be fix soon.

7. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

Yes. Looks like a software issue. Happens to me too.

Before the software update, it used to just sleep and I had to restart. Now, the screen turns dark and I can still use the mouse. After about 15 seconds, everything works fine. Annoying yes. Hopefully it's something that is fixed in the near future.

8. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

I just saw the black screen today on my work 13" Air - late 2010 with 10.9.3. Never saw it before though.

9. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Yup, me too. Got a 13" cMBP running latest version of Mavericks.

Sure is quite a spread of hardware in this thread. Definitely software related.

10. thesituation macrumors member

the only time this issue happens to me is when i catch the MBA turning the screen off and i want to avoid it from going to sleep by pressing the buttons. Then the MBA freezes and restart is required.

But i have avoided doing that, and i haven't had the problem in months.

when i get the air back in september this occurred almost every day, but it's been gone since the start of the year