Anyone still has the protective plastic on your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by agkm800, Jul 19, 2010.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Anyone still hasn't touched the silky glass surface yet?

Or, how long did it take you to uncover that clear plastic? Be honest.

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Long gone..... Off before it even got turned on!

3. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

4. uniforms macrumors regular

Took mine off the first minute. I did get the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for my iPad. I am not crazy about that. It may be coming off. Feels very tacky to the touch. I think I may keep my iPad pardon the expression.....naked!

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Are you a Minnie Pearl want to be?;)

6. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

I've never understood why people would leave the plastic on. I guess it's similar to people who sit on their couches with sheets over them...

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Took the plastic off before turning it on. But I did neatly fold it and put it back into the box. :)

I have an InvisibleShield on my iPad and hate it. I saw a cousin's iPad with Ghost Armor over the weekend and got to compare them side-by-side and the GA looks much better.

I have IS on both mine and hubby's iP4's though, and it seems okay there. Just stinks on the iPad, personally.

8. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

i left it for a month.....

then put a protective cover over it....

i have only touched the olbleootic coating thing.... like 12 times.:eek:

9. BigCatz macrumors member

Plastic off immediately. How else can I test the oleophobic (or whatever) coating??

Rolled the plastic into a ball and let the cat have some fun.

10. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

i know it's old... but want to add mine. i had mine for a week before i took it off. i neatly trimmed the flaps and taped them but in the end, i got worried that dust and what not might get stuck and scratch the glass or back so i took it off.

11. jgayman macrumors member

Mine came off immediately. I really think people worry too much about these screens. Both of my parents each have an iPad that they use 5-6 hours per day. These things get hammered! While the screens sometimes have enough gunk on them for a midnight snack, they easily wipe off and look good as new.

12. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

Off within the first minute.

Naked it best...oh and I don't cover my iPad either :D

13. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Off quickly!

14. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Now that's just cheap......depending on how long you've had your iPad.

15. MacFon macrumors newbie

I removed it before I even plugged in the charger. How many of you saved the box it came in?

16. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I have the original packaging (box) for all my "I" stuff. I truly believe it adds value when I sell them on craigslist hours after I upgrade every year :)

17. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

I still haven't taken mine out of the box that way it never gets a scratch on it. :D

18. Built macrumors 68020

Still have the box and all the packaging.

Removed the plastic ASAP...and have a PS Crystal Film on it.

19. AML225 macrumors regular

Took the film off before I turned it on and no protective screen cover either! This thing is meant to be used, it's tougher than you think! Absolutely no scratches either!

20. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Took it off immediately after I got the iPad. A few days afterwords I got the Apple case.

21. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Not really, some screens (not apple ones) are made out of plastic and scratch super easily, I have a 1st Gen iPod Touch that I carried with me daily 2 Years and dropped it many times and it has no scratch on the front
    However I do understand having a protector on crappy plastics if it doesn't affect the experience with bubbles and crap like that

Chunky cases suck, I have several cases for my iPhone 3GS, a really slim plastic one that protects the back from scratches but not from drops that doesn't bother me and a chunkier one I use when I know I might drop it, like when I'm jogging, on my bike, It's like clothing...

I don't care about the resale value, if I want my 200 - 600$ bucks back I'd rather not buy the device than torture myself protecting it