Anyone still have the "unable to connect to watch" error in usage?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Sep 26, 2015.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

No matter what I do, I'm still unable to connect to the watch when I go in the usage settings under the watch app. I've unpaired and re-paired the watch twice with no help. This happened on the GM and on the final release of watchOS 2. I'm running 9.1 PB 2 on my iPhone 6 and this also happened on PB 1. Does anyone else have this issue on the betas? I'm beginning to thing it's a 9.1 issue and not the watchOS. Can anyone with 9.0.1 or 9.1 chime in? I can't solve this.

[​IMG]

2. benjwest macrumors newbie

Same problem here - 9.0.1 and watch OS 2.0

I've also tried re-pairing but made no difference

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Anyone with 8.4.1 with watchOS 2.0 have this issue? I already reported it via feedback app.

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Just a wild guess, but I'm pretty sure there is literally no one with 8.4.1 and watchOS 2.0 with the problem.

It's not possible to install 2.0 while still on any version of iOS 8.

OT though, I had it happen once when I went from the old 2.0 GM to the late official release of 2.0. Re-pairing fixed it for me.

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Repairing fixed it once. After a full charge it was broken again.

6. redman042 macrumors 68020

I've gotten this a couple of times, and I also can't add any credit cards to the watch.

7. Hatton920 macrumors regular

image.png I had it constantly with my old iPhone 6. Repairing worked until I put my watch on charge and then it stopped working. I left it like that and was hoping when I pair it with my new 6s it will work and it does. Even with the backup of my watch from when it wasn't working when paired to my 6

8. pommie82 macrumors 6502

I have had the same issue when i was charging the watch yesterday nothing would work on the watch at all
    just get the message displaying couldn't connect to apple watch.

The only thing that i could do was reset the watch all together and re pair the watch and it seems to have done the trick and working fine with no problems at all.

Since updating to watch os2 it seems i cannot receive any messages to my wrist at all everything is in messages but their is no nice tap saying you have a message to your wrist which was very helpful
    when you are out and about places and some one messages you.

i just wish when apple release new os updates that basic things like messages are working that is i think one of the most important things on the watch to be working is messages.

I would of preferred to wait a couple of more weeks for the new os updated then to have this least on the old version that messages were coming through to my wrist with no problems at all.

My point is the problem you are unable to downgrade which i think is completely wrong all together you should be able to have the option to downgrade when you want to not have to be stuck with the same os problem.

At the moment i feel that my watch is 30% useless because i'am not getting the tap to my wrist which
    i really enjoy when i get a message.

I have decided the next big update that comes out for the watch i won't be going near it for a least 3 months until other people have had the problems and they have been ironed out.

9. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Well good thing. I'm now able to access it now that I'm on 9.1 beta 3.

10. zackotronic macrumors newbie

any fix for this? i'm still having this problem

11. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Been working fine now in the current 9.1 betas 3, 4 and 5.