Anyone still Having issues with Hulu

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Scarpad, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I have a 64gb ATV4 and I cannot sign into Hulu on it, I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app and When I click on the sign in with existing login it does nothing. Anyone else having this Problem ?

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I don't have any problems with Hulu Login. I am using it on many devices. I did not purchase via iTunes if that is a consideration. My only problem is they dropped the WatchList Feature which I really liked. They said 2-3 weeks in the email but now over 3 weeks and I am afraid it is going to be 2016 based on comments from support call. Really bad decision on their part I think.

3. besler3035 macrumors 6502a

I regularly have to force quit Hulu because it says it either can't connect to the network, or it freezes and doesn't display anything on the screen. Extremely annoying, given this app is the ONLY app on my AppleTV with these problems! Customer support has been useless.

4. rhp2424 macrumors regular

rhp2424

I was having sign in problems, not the same problem, but perhaps similar enough to provide you hope.

I had to log back in every time I went into Hulu. I believe it was generally the next day, not necessarily 5 minutes later. Anyway, I contacted Hulu support and they did something to my account that they said fixed the issue. It did not in fact work, so I reached out again. The second time whatever they did, did in fact fix the problem.

I am not subscribed via iTunes either, again for what it is worth.

5. winstars macrumors member

long time lurker, signed up to maybe help...

So when I first tried to sign in with HULU on ATV 4, as I typed my username in, the line on screen remained blank like it wasn't "taking" it. I closed the app, deleted it, reinstalled it several time to no avail...

But one of the last times I was trying to enter my username, I heard the "click" sound of the letters as I was entering them. But the line was still blank. Taking a shot, I entered carefully entered my username, not seeing anything and then hit continue or submit, whatever it is and.....it went to the nest screen for the password bit. Typed that in, again without it showing up on screen and hit submit and boom, I was in...

Not sure if this is your problem, this invisible entering of letters but...

Hope this helps.

6. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

I signed in fine the first time and haven't had to sign back in. I am having random issues where the app will say it lost network connectivity but closing that message and trying again resolves the issue. I think it only happens when waking it up from sleep.

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I said that I did not have a problem with signing in until your post reminded me. I have had this problem where it would not let me enter my email address. I simply quit and came back in and it worked. So I just forgot. Did not happen when I installed the last 2 ATV's.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I never had an issue signing in to Hulu when I initially downloaded the app. Now I have had issues with the video freezing every once and a while, and having to exit and force quit the app. But that has been the extent of my issues.

Not that it makes a difference, but I have the 32GB ATV4.

9. winstars macrumors member

Hey Mike, Over here in Redondo we are all good!!! LOL Neighbor...

10. spice weasel macrumors 65816

Hulu is the only app that gives me fits. Everything else works fine, but Hulu frequently freezes at the menu screen after selecting a show, fails to launch, or gives me an error stating that there is no network connection. The only way I can get out of it is to use Siri to search for another show that I know is on Hulu, then navigate through the viewing options she gives me. Neither the menu nor the select button will work when it is frozen. On average, we get at least a major freeze/error every other day or so on Hulu. We've never had any of the other apps so much as hiccup.

11. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

The last few days Neflix and HULU has been unreliable connecting. Have to jump back to main ATV menu and back again a few times to finally connect. This is with ATV 2 and ATV 3.