Anyone still having problems with the trackpad AFTER the firmware fix?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 7racer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. 7racer macrumors regular

I am:mad:

I would like to take it to the Genius bar but its hard to replicate consistently.

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

3. SelfMadeCelo macrumors regular

SelfMadeCelo

i didn't have any problems at all..whats going on with yours?

4. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

same.. never had problems in the first place.

5. 7racer thread starter macrumors regular

unresponsive clicks and touch on the track pad.

For instance, I will try to move the mouse, and the cursor will not move as I am moving my finger on the track pad. Once this happens, I can keep moving it with no response. Once I stop, pick my finger off the pad and place it back it works. With the tap to click or full click, it sometimes isn't recognized.

After the firmware fix it was working great, but then had the keyboard fixed at Apple. When I got the computer back I noticed the problem with the unresponsive trackpad. I tried to rerun the firmware update but it says that I have updated and wont let me run it again.

Thanks for any insights...

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Be sure you dont have an extra finger or part of your hand on the track pad. I do this on accident sometimes and i think the pad is trying to interpret it as a "gesture" instead of moving the mouse.

7. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Sounds like they goofed something up and broke your trackpad when they fixed your keyboard. The behavior you are experiencing is not normal for the Macbook glasspads.

8. 7racer thread starter macrumors regular

I know this quite well and I can clearly do this with just one finger on the trackpad...

I am just worried on how I can "prove it". I saw a couple post on the apple forum where people were still experiencing problems....

HAHAHA...I just got it to happen....one finger on the pad ONLY!

9. danvan21 macrumors regular

this happened to me before the trackpad update like 3 weeks ago.

10. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

One problem I'm noticing is that my Macbook does not wake up from sleep whenever I slide my fingers AND/OR click the trackpad. I have to press one of the keyboard buttons to wake it up. Normal?

11. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

It's like that for every Mac

12. aesthete Guest

While I was using Leopard, touching the trackpad was enough to wake up macbook pro, but after I installed SL, it seems like this is not working any more.

13. hellojamie macrumors newbie

I had my new white unibody Macbook for just a couple of days before my trackpad stopped working completely. When I booted up, it would act like the clicker was constantly pressed down, then it wouldn't respond. I called Apple and they said it was a hardware failure and after about 20 minutes they said they would send me a new one.

It did start working about three days later, but only after I'd hooked up an external mouse to deauthorize iTunes and all that stuff before sending it back. I still sent it in because I didn't want it crapping out on me again later, and Apple had already set up the replacement and everything.

I asked if lots of people were having the same problem, since they were so quick to ship me a new one (though that may have been because I had AppleCare and was within the 30-day return period) and the senior advisor I spoke to at AppleCare said that their engineers were "looking into it."

Meaning, yes, even in the new ones they're still working out the kinks.

14. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

I had the same problem, this is what you need to do. Shut down the MacBook, turn it over, take out the battery and you see where theres this screw that looks pretty odd? Like a hex screw but not quite (if I remember correctly) just tighten that up, over time it seems to get loose and you need to tighten it up.
    Be sure not to over tighten it!! It is glass you know.
    [​IMG]