Anyone still holding out for the 1.3 ghz model?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ap31001, Apr 16, 2015.

  1. ap31001 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2015
    #1
    anyone waiting patiently for the 1.3 ghz model? i was planning to wait as mine was scheduled do deliver in may but i finally gave in and ordered one from best buy. i got a sweet deal as i was able to stack the movers coupon and student discount to get the space grey at around 1400 pre tax for the 1.2/512



    my question is is it worth the wait for the 1.3 ghz? will it be much of a difference?
     
  2. tillsbury macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2007
    #2
    Outside the US it makes no difference, they're not delivering until next month. Just waiting on mine...
     
  3. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2014
    #3
    That's anyone's guess as the 1.3s are not yet in the wild.

    That said I didn't wait. The 1.2 that I'm using right now is incredibly snappy.
     
  4. tech324 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2010
    #4
    That is tough because you can't use the coupons at Apple and best buy won't offer the 1.3. Cost wise the 1.2 you picked up might be the best price for performance since you can use coupons at Best Buy. It would cost me $150 more at Apple to get a better processor but smaller drive.
     
  5. ap31001 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2015
    #5
    the price doesnt really matter to me if the 1.3 will run considerably faster and stay cooler...i guess ill use the one from bestbuy and hopefully somone gets the 1.3 ghz in the next two weeeks to tell us how it is? and if its a big difference i can return my best buy one and keep the 1.3 ghz from apple still on order
     
  6. tecnho macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2015
    #6
    I am going to order the 1.3/256 soon using the education discount which knocks off a cumulative 75$. By the time the 4-6 week shipping estimate is met , I will have had some more info based on reviews from some of the users that have ordered it with with the initial 3-4 week shipping timeframe. If anything out of the ordinary surfaces from the initial reviews (I am cautiously optimistic that none will...) I can cancel and pick up a quick base model via BB, because if I am not going through the BTO process I might as well use both the education and movers discounts, the latter of which would not be available through Apple.
     
  7. scottyy macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2015
    #7
    I was waiting for the 1.3.
    Now I am just waiting for more reviews in general. Mostly light vector work in illustrator.
     
  8. PDFierro macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    #8
    I'm not getting anything but the 1.3, it's 1.3/512 and no other options. I already have it ordered, just waiting for it to get here in May.
     
  9. petvas macrumors 601

    petvas

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2006
    Location:
    Mannheim, Germany
    #9
    Exactly. It makes absolutely no difference (apart from the extra money)
    I am also waiting for mine. Apparently it will be delivered between the 20th of May and first of June..
     
  10. tecnho macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2015
    #10
    Just ordered the 1.3/256 silver, I will await patiently while keeping my eyes open for 1.3 related developments.
     
  11. scottomfg macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2014
    #11
    Ordered the 1.3 the minute it was available (SG / 512). I figured I could wait an extra few weeks for something I'll be using for at least two years.
     
  12. tecnho macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2015
    #12
    Anyone still holding out for the 1.3 ghz model?


    I used that thinking to justify the ~200$ upgrade price difference.
     
  13. dyt1983, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

    dyt1983 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 6, 2014
    Location:
    USA USA USA
    #13
    edit: to remove personally identifying information not relevant to thread.
     
  14. Bonaqua macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2014
    #14
    Ordered 1.3ghz as well. But it wont arrive until early/mid May. :(
     
  15. newellj macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2014
    Location:
    Boston, MA, US
    #15
    That was why I went with the 1.2/512. I paid $1440; the 1.3/512 would have cost $1965, the difference being the BB coupon plus tax.
     
  16. dugbug macrumors 65816

    dugbug

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2008
    Location:
    Somewhere in Florida
    #16
    Such a looooong wait this preorder. Watch and 1.3 MacBook.
     

Share This Page