Anyone still rocking a 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gavinstubbs09, Mar 12, 2014.

1. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

The idea came up as seeing what people have for phones at school. Today I saw 3 of the 3GS's while most others had 4's and every so few had 4S's along with the smaller gap of 5/5s people. The 5C does seem pretty popular here. White & Blue!

Just thought I'd share that people are happy with anything :apple: :)

2. highertechnology macrumors 6502

3. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Curious, how can you even tell the difference between the 4 and 4S with just a quick glance? We've got both at home and the only way we can quickly tell them apart is by using different cases. :eek:

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The 4S hand four plastic breaks in its steel band and a SIM tray. Neither model of the 4 has both of those features. Seeing the user use Siri is also a near dead give away.

5. rablat, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Both iPhone 4 and 4S have a SIM tray.
    And they both have 4 breaks on the iP4 one is at the top.

6. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

The verizon/CDMA model doesn't have a sim tray slot, but I think the AT&T/GSM model does have a sim tray slot.

----------

At my school, there are a couple of people with iPhone 3GS but most people have these phones in order of popularity: iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, android, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, windows phone.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I have a friend who constantly complains about his iSlow (what he calls his 3GS). When I ask him why he subjects himself to the torture he claims he cannot afford something better. He goes to starbucks twice a day, and eats out three times a day (granted he is a truck driver, but the starbucks is ten bucks a DAY AT LEAST). Quit your whining, drink one friggin' cup of coffee a day instead of two, and in five weeks you can afford the upgrade fee for your phone. What a toolbag...

8. jian macrumors regular

a friend in china has one and i borrowed it for a month while i was on a trip there in dec... still looks more sexy than any other iPhone but its too slow on iOS 6? i think. (functional for phone calls and a little slow but usable for texting.. other tan that, its pretty useless, most of the time i carry my american att locked 5s to do other tasks)

9. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Only the original 4 on verizon didn't. All others from the 4S up do have a sim tray.

10. gavinstubbs09 thread starter macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

They don't make a black 5c :)

11. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The GSM iPhone 4 only has three breaks and a SIM card. The CDMA iPhone 4 has four breaks and no SIM card. There is only one model iPhone 4S that works on both CDMA and GSM networks.

12. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Oh how I wish they had.