Anyone still using iPhone 2G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bradmacman3, Jul 16, 2010.

1. bradmacman3 macrumors newbie

With all this talk about the iPhone 4, I'm curious to see if anyone is still using their 1st gen iPhone 2G like I am.

Not talking about using it as an iPod Touch or anything, but as your primary phone.

I've had mine since Dec. 2007 and still use it all the time. It's getting a little slow, but still works great. Thinking about upgrading soon though.

2. chembox macrumors 6502a

You should definitely upgrade, EVERYTHING is light years faster, including 3G.

(I upgraded from a 2G to an iPhone 4)

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

i was in my office this morning and noticed my speakers were faintly doing the GSM buzz thing. Kept looking at my iPhone and kept seeing the "3G" icon, so I was wondering what was going on.

Turns out there was a person in a room next to where I was sitting, using an old original iPhone. :)

Lots of iPhone 2G users are still around. Mostly unlocked, on T-Mobile since the 3G doesn't work on that network anyway.

4. appleg33k macrumors member

im using the 2G. mainly because i returned the iFail4 and this is the only phone i have available to me at the moment. i'm gonna go get the 32GB Black 3GS tonight. best buy still has new ones.

5. Biddy1 macrumors newbie

get a 3gs and **** your pants at the speed difference

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I still ocassionally use my 2G iPhone when I go to the beach since I don't want to ruin my 3GS. I'll still keep my 2G even when I upgrade to the iPhone 4.

7. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Funny that you would bring that up, I decided to pull out my 2G and the display is still amazing! And it's much cooler in color than my 3GS too. :cool:

I'm keeping it for my tech museum. :D

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I still have mine running OS 1 sitting in it's box somewhere in a cabinet above my computer here. I keep telling myself it'll be worth something someday.

9. chembox macrumors 6502a

It would be memorabilia for the first phone Apple has ever made, sort of like an Apple Lisa.

10. vlj9r macrumors member

My wife is still using a 2g I purchased on the first weekend after its release. Works well since she is not a heavy data user.

Waiting for the white one for her.

jr

11. MrNimziki macrumors newbie

MrNimziki

I had also been using my 2G since December 2007 until I got my iPhone4 and I absolutely LOVE this thing. The display is amazing, the phone and network speeds are great (I'm in the Tampa area), and iOS4 is pretty great too; I really couldn't be happier with it. I don't know if your reluctant to upgrade because of all the problems that people are having, but I know in my case it's not nearly as bad as is being stated in here. Yea, at times my bars can get a little low, but I haven't dropped a call since I put a case on it (which I would have done either way) and I don't have any of the other problems that are being described.

12. Gjamm00 macrumors newbie