Anyone Still Using Photoshop 7 ??

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by pimentoLoaf, Aug 8, 2008.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Not necessarily because you're on an old system.

2. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

They're already out with 7? I just upgraded to Photoshop 4. And I'm loving this whole "Layers" thing they've introduced. That is going to make my life so much easier.

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I've still got it. It was my newest version about 9 months ago maybe. Now I've got the first CS. 7 is still really good though.

4. cromwell64 macrumors regular

I use CS3 at work, but I still use 7 at home. Most of the stuff I do doesn't require anything that has been introduced after version 7.

5. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

I don't work in design anymore, but I did a few designs at the office for internal use between our team and I used 7 --- the advertising department runs CS 2-- so rather then having our IT person buy me a license, I just had her install an old version of photoshop that has long been removed from the other systems.

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

7. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I have 7 on my old laptop. Since then, I've had CS2 on a desktop, and CS3 on my Mac. I skipped CS, didn't have a need for it at the time. Only reason I have CS3 is because I got it through an education discount.

8. daustin macrumors member

I wish! I have Photoshop 5 at work. They do have one copy of 7, then my copy of 5 and all the other people that have Photoshop have version 4!!! It's grrrreat!

9. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

wow -- I hated 4 -- no history/one undo

I used it in a design class -- and I had 5 at home --- took some getting use too ... mind you ... it developed a few better habits ... now I use a layer for EVERYTHING --- even each individual hair line