Anyone still using their Kinect?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by GimmeSlack12, Apr 13, 2011.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I've had this thing since December and after about a month of sort of using it I haven't really touched it since. I have Dance Central and its a great game, but to be honest, I just don't feel like dancing my ass off at the end of the day.

I have plans to buy more Kinect games and use the thing more, but lately, I haven't. You?

2. -SD- macrumors 6502

I have the odd session of leaping around the living room with the kids on Adventures when I'm feeling energetic. They still play on Kinectimals too and love it. I have to say I'm quite interested in the PC drivers and SDK.

I went into GAME the other day and there really doesn't seem to be much more software available than there was at Xmas.

The Gunstringer looks rather good, so that'll be the next Kinect game I buy.

:apple:

3. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Then there's no need to actually post. Is there?

4. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I don't own one but I have thought about picking one up to try out that UFC Trainer game. It seems like it would be a good workout.

5. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Just take a good look at the reviews for how well the system picks up your body movements. My gf got "The Biggest Loser" game which I advised against cause of the reviews, but sure enough, the Kinect doesn't see your movements when you're on the ground very well (amongst a number of interface flaws). And thus, the game got used one time, and one time only.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I have one and have yet to pick up any games for outside of the game it shipped with. I refuse to buy the crappy titles they have for it, I'm not looking at this like I do for the launching of a new system, where I will put up with sub-par games. I want good games for it. Its a neat piece of hardware with all of potential, but I'm not wasting 50 dollars are sub-par games.

But I do like the look of the sequel to Rez, looks pretty fun.

7. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Yeah I have my eye on that one too. The Dance Central game is a quality launch title, unfortunately it requires moving the coffee table and just that one small task dooms its frequent use.