Anyone still waiting for activation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Applejuiced, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I received my 3GS yesterday thru fed ex and pluged it into itunes around 10PM to activate.
    Still waiting on activation. They told me it might take up to 48 hours cause everyone is activating their iphones now.
    Anyone else out there?

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

At this point, I would call Apple

No reason people should be waiting that long right now.

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I have a business account and had to call the number with the instructions that came with my phone to get it activated. I did not think I needed to do that so I just plugged it into itunes (assuming it would activate). Waited about 30 min then re-read the instructions. Called to activate (automated - gave FAN Number) and after the call said my phone was activated I plugged it back in and within 1 min my phone said it was activate. This was clearly explained with the large piece of paper that came with my phone.

Maybe it is just for business accounts.

4. mb2008 macrumors regular

I just bought my phone at the Apple store today....the genius plugged it in for about 15 seconds and then held it out to me and said, "Watch the magic." It activated in maybe 5 seconds. I was using the phone and synced to my work exchange client within 2 minutes.

So I think you have a problem. Call AT&T or Apple.

5. Waffle Stomping macrumors newbie

Just because of that I am now going to the store instead of activating it online.

6. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's what it was
    thank u.
    The other reps I talked to said to wait 24-48 hours. Glad I called the premier number.

7. bob vansteel macrumors regular

just head into an AT&T store! They'll do it manually in like 2 minutes. Basically all they have to do is type in a number on your SIM card(also located oin the back of your box) and it activates. Unless your porting over a number that is...