Anyone still waiting on their iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sylon, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Now, before not reading the thread and immediately saying "just go to the store and get one", hear me out. Currently I'm deployed overseas, now it isn't really a bad place so I decided to order my 32GB new iPad online because I can't just go to Best Buy and get one. I couldn't order one before the 16th because I didn't know what this place was going to be like, nor what my address was going to be, so I waited.

When I ordered it on the 19th, it said 2 weeks to ship out. Then a day or so later it changed to 1 week, I thought "awesome!". Now its back to mid-April and the money that was taken out of my account for this purchase is back in my account somehow, as if the transaction never took place. These can't be good signs and now I'm stuck waiting even longer. I figure Apple is waiting to charge my account until the order is processed, whenever the hell that'll be.

Is anyone else still waiting to take delivery of their iPad they ordered online? Or am I the only schmuck still waiting for theirs?

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Apple may not deliver to an APO "Military Address" give them a call they will tell you what happened or an email If a phone is a problem

3. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

Should have ordered from AAFES online exchange

4. davedvdy macrumors regular

Not sure with your case but the refund thing happened to me as well but apparently was part of the process. Apple took the money back again the day I picked up my presale purchase.

Maybe they will recharge you the day it actually ships? maybe it has something to do with CCs not allowing merchants to hold money for certain periods of time outside of the ship date.

5. Dvargas macrumors newbie

You're not the only one. I'm in North Carolina and ordered mine on the 18th and when I check my order status on apple.com it says still processing. Apple had an authorization hold on my account for the amount of the iPad plus another one of $1.00, but when I check my bank now the authorization hold is no longer on there. I'm assuming what the other person said was right and that retailers can only hold your money for a certain amount of time or until they actually ship the merchandise. Mine also said it would ship in 3 weeks, but later got an email saying it would ship sooner in like 1-2 weeks and that I should receive my iPad between Mar 30- Apr 6. I don't mind though, because I've been hearing that the earlier batch of iPads had many defects with the wifi, heating issues, and rapid battery draining. Hopefully mine will be from a good batch. I guess with all those issues Apple has been double checking all of their iPads and it's been setting back their production by a little, but I rather they take their time and give me a good one than have them rush to meet te delivery schedule and then I have to drive to my local apple store to return or exchange a defective iPad.

6. Sylon thread starter macrumors 68020

Sylon

Yeah I figured Apple was waiting to ship before charging me, which was nice because it gave me my cushion back until payday. The status on the Apple website has changed from "Processing" to "Preparing for shipment", so thats a really good sign. No idea if they took the funds out of my account yet, as I can't get on the website to check for some strange reason. But at least things are moving forward.

7. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Yeah that is a good sign, I had to wait a good 10 days for that to happen.

And by the way, thanks for fighting for our country, we do appreciate it.

8. robabroad macrumors newbie

Just turned over to "Preparing for Shipment"

That's interesting. I ordered my iPad (iPad/Verizon/64GB/Black) on Tuesday and the status flipped over to "Preparing for Shipment" today. I wonder if a large product wave just became available. My delivery date hasn't changed (week after next).

Cheers.

PS We have a iPad 3 already and the screen really is gorgeous. I read a lot and I am really going to enjoy it. I love my e-ink Kindle for outdoors, but for reading in dim light, the backlit iPad screen is nice.

9. musiddiqui macrumors member

I ordered mine on march 22nd, originally it said i should expect it between march 30th and April 6th. Day before yesterday expected delivery changed to April 5th - 12th and today it says it's being prepared for shipping. Hopefully it will be delivered soon.

10. Foxykhat macrumors member

I'm still waiting. It was order couple of days after hitting the stores but it was ordered through a friend who shipped it to a US address (not available where I am). Anyway my friend in the US is holding it and I should hopefully have it in a week.

Can hardly wait

11. Sylon thread starter macrumors 68020

Sylon

Well at least I'm not the only one. Im probably one of the most impatient people out there, so you can imagine the irritation I've been going thru. If I had any hair it would be pulled out already, lol. I hate ordering online, I'd rather go to the store and get it myself. But, kinda can't do that here.

I wish they would ship it, because even though I have to wait for it to go thru a forwarding company, as soon as I see it ship or the funds being withdrawn, I want to order the smart cover for it from Best Buy (thanks to some saved reward certs.) Come on Apple! Lets see how long it takes them to pack a box and stick it in the mail, lol. Whereas a normal human would take minutes, my guess is at least 4 days.

12. Sylon thread starter macrumors 68020

Sylon

Update: It shipped! Its floating around Chengdu, CN right now.

It should get to the forwarding company by the 6th, then hopefully I'll see it a week later.