Anyone still want white iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Jul 23, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Might as well as wait for iphone 5. Who knows what later this year means, but it seems like white iphone 4 will not arrive until October-November. With high demands, most of people will not get their hands on until holiday. After 5-6 months, iphone 5 will come out with better graphics, processor and memory. And who knows at this point if apple is even working on iphone 4 in white.

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

if people want it so bad, buy a black one and get the replacement front and back panels. simple!

3. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Uh...for like $300? Yeah ok. Sounds simple.

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

5. jason221 macrumors 6502

I wanted a white one originally, but I decided not to wait and just got a black one on launch day.

6. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

Dammit, I should have done that. :(

7. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

bro, just go buy one!

There are sites out that will sell the front and back for much less than 300$!

there are a couple threads that have th info in them....just look it up. :)

cheers mate!

8. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Yes. I gave up and ordered my black 16GB iPhone 4 today though. Luckily, in the next few months my girlfriend, sister, and both parents are buying iPhones. I'll trade with one of them when white is released. :D

9. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I still want it.

I sold my Moto Droid & another phone to Best Buy's Trade-In program, so I have 2 gift cards totaling almost $200.

If you combine that with the $400 you are pretty much guaranteed on eBay if/when you sell your iP4, and I can get the white iP4 (WHENEVER it is FINALLY released) for almost free. And with no contract-extension/same eligibility update...I'm down.

Can't wait till it's out, and goodbye black iP4. I don't need to return it to Apple, eBay pays almost the same return anyway.

10. mkelly2115 macrumors member

I was holding out as well... missed the pre-order, and then couldn't wait any longer, FINALLY got mine today in the mail, and also read today the release it pushed back till "later this year" so glad I pulled the trigger!

GET IT!!!

11. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Like I said in another post, I'm sure you guys can get your precious white iPhone 4 while everyone else is pre-ordering their iPhone 5 :D

12. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

Yeah, wish I had a crystal ball, I would've just ordered a black one last month.

I'm not sure there will be a white iPhone 4. There's all these conspiracy theories about a hardware fix, or Apple holding it back on purpose for the holidays, or because they don't want to give out more free cases... they're BS. At this point, pretty much everyone is going to buy a black one, as it's more likely that best case scenario, no white iPhone until October.

13. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Do I still want a white phone?

Yes I bloodly well do. Thanks a bunch Steve. Can't make white glass my ar@#.

14. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I'm about 99.9% sure there will not be a white iPhone 4. Announcing today that the white is cancelled would make Steve look incredibly stupid saying "End of July" last week. In October, people will have forgotten and then they can say it's never coming out.

And I was even at the launch with my friend in the blistering heat and could have walked out of there with one. But nooo, "Steve & Co. said it would be available in July, so I'll only have two weeks or so to wait!!1!!"

15. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

White looks a bit too sissy. But, to each his own...

16. illutionz macrumors 65816

If you purchase new iPhone (or any phone really) every year, waiting for white is rather foolish if they do not release the white one within the next 1-2 months.

I personally gave up waiting and reserved my Black 16GB earlier today... Next July, I will try to get the white iPhone 5 if applicable :)