Anyone successfully downgraded from 7 to 6

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by johndallas, Jul 24, 2013.

1. johndallas macrumors newbie

johndallas

Without losing their data? I saw a post about doing an update to 6 but phone when into DFU mode so that didn't work for me. :confused:

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yes, it has definitely been successful for some. However, success rate is definitely not 100%.

What's causing you to want to downgrade?

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Stop making spam threads. I guess your time out on your other account didn't teach you a lesson.

4. skidmark999 macrumors newbie

Guess not. ;)

5. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

I've done it 8 times this cycle. I tried DP1 on my dev iPod Touch 5th generation. It was so unstable that I restored back to 6.1.3. I tried DP2 on the Touch and my dev iPad 2. It was better on the Touch, but I restored both to 6.1.3. I didn't think either was stable enough to provide a meaningful testing platform.

Finally, with DP3, I've gone back and forth a couple of times on both devices for testing. Each time, iOS brings back all the apps and settings from the last backup made before the restore.

Steps

1. Back-up to cloud and computer (just in case).
    2. Option-click "Restore" in iTunes and select the relevant IPSW to install.

Why would DFU mode be involved? You shouldn't need that unless something has gone wrong somewhere.