General Anyone successfully using Showtime Anytime app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alkalifly, Aug 2, 2014.

1. alkalifly macrumors regular

alkalifly

Many months ago, I used to be able to use the Showtime Anytime app with no problems, on a jailbroken phone. I hadn't tried using it at all until recently, and now I am unable to watch any videos.

The app lets me log in without any issues, but every time I try to actually watch anything, it spends a few seconds looking like it is about to start, and then gives me the error message:

"Video playback failed

We are sorry! We are experiencing a problem with video playback. Please try again later"

But after trying again later, I just get the same message.

So, is there anybody with a jailbroken phone who is able to watch videos on the Showtime app?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I don't have my showtime subsection any more so I can't try it. But do you know if they added a jailbreak check to it? If so, you could try using the Flex 2 patch to disable the jailbreak check assuming you own Flex 2.

I have no other info. But just something that came to mind so I figured I might as well post it just in case.

3. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I currently have a Showtime subscription.. Don't have any problems playing video.. Using a jailbroken device..

4. MikeA85 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue. I uninstalled Universal Downloader then it worked just fine. If you have this or a similar app Showtime may be restricting playback.

5. alkalifly thread starter macrumors regular

alkalifly

Thanks! That absolutely did the trick :)

Kind of funny, because I had given up on this months ago until today, when I decided to try again. I did a google search and the first result was this thread that I started 10 months ago, but there is now an answer for me that wasn't there the last time I checked!

So for anyone finding there way here with the same problem, MikeA85's suggestion worked for me