Anyone surprised pre-orders not sold out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jreuschl, Mar 7, 2012.

1. jreuschl macrumors 6502

I guess I'm surprised all models are still available for release day delivery. Anyone else?

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

For the iPhone 4S I walked in the next day, no line, and just bought one.

But after a couple of days they started being sold out.I imagine that by tomorrow the ship date online will slip a week or two, or later.

If the ship date does not slip by Monday then I think the scalpers are going to be in trouble, as it will indicate that anyone who wants one will be able to just buy one from Apple directly.

3. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

It's a good thing! Still haven't decided if I want one yet or not haha :p

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No. Clearly they built a ton of them before launch if you look at how fast they are rolling them out worldwide vs. how slow it was in previous years. But I won't be surprised if delivery time slips by end of week once the news stories of the new iPad satiate the airwaves, Facebook pages, and twitter streams.

5. CIA macrumors 6502a

Well they knew that they were going Retina display at least 1 year prior to now. Remember the rumors in early summer 2011 that said fall iPad HD update? Even if they didn't have the guts finalized, they probably could have started making the displays waaaaay in advance. Probably the most difficult part of the "new" iPad, so building a more or less identical machine should have allowed them to make at least a million for launch. Probably 4 million for launch around the world, 1 million for USA.