Anyone swapping their iPhone 6/6 Plus for the iPhone 6/6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustler1337, Sep 23, 2014.

?

Are you swapping your new iPhone 6/+ for the 6/+?

1. No - keeping my iPhone 6

22 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. No - keeping my iPhone 6 Plus

20 vote(s)
    29.9%
  3. Yes - swapping my iPhone 6 Plus for the iPhone 6

12 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Yes - swapping my iPhone 6 for the iPhone 6 Plus

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Yes - swapping my iPhone 6 or 6+ for another device

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Going back to the iPhone 5S or Lower

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. Still undecided :|

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

After a few days of playing around with your shiny new iPhone, what are your opinions on the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?

Mostly interested in whether you will be returning your iPhone 6 Plus to trade in for the iPhone 6 as a few people seem to find it uncomfortable to use (myself included) and have changed their minds.

Or maybe the iPhone 6 is smaller than you expected and you want to swap it for the iPhone 6 Plus?

Are you looking to keep your iPhone or swap it?

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts :)

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

3. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I preordered the 6 and got it on Friday, but when I saw the 6+ in the store I really loved the bigger screen. I just purchased a 6+ today to try out for a few days and see if I can deal with the larger and heavier phone to get the benefit of the bigger screen. I'll probably resell whichever one I don't keep.

4. supernet33 macrumors regular

I am going to the Apple store today and compare my iPhone 6 Plus to the iPhone 6.

I am still undecided.. I LOVE the screen but I am so use to typing with 1 hand, it is hard....

5. insane08 macrumors member

Was on my way to pick up an iPhone 6 Plus from the apple store to test it out ( had the 6 for the past few days). On my way I decided to stopped by AT&T to play around with the plus and it was beautiful but honestly would be annoying to handle compared to the 6. Esp while taking pictures I like the grip of the 6 which makes me feel much more secure compared to the Plus. I already have too much invested in the 6 to switch now, Case + Tempered Glass Protector + Applecare+.

Don’t play much games, I have a PS4 for that. Don’t watch movies on my device really either. Its size is really in a confusion range because its too small for iPad type functionality yet larger than what I would like.

Part of me wished apple only released one size so my decision would have been much easier. At that point I would have been happy with either one.

6. timothyme macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered the iPhone 6 Plus on Friday, September 12th at about 3:30am EST. Prior to ordering I went through all of the posts on the forum hoping it would help me decide which to get, I printed out the templates and carried them around with me so I could try and imagine which would work for me and I finally decided to order the Plus but still wasn't sure. I get the phone and it stays in the Apple box for the entire weekend as I visit various Verizon stores and try out each of the phones on display (I didn't want to open the phone, but rather keep it in the box so someone else could get it right away and also avoid the restocking fee through Verizon). The 6 felt great and just seemed to fit my hand, but I was hoping the Plus would work because the screen is incredible. After holding the Plus in the store for a few minutes and it being somewhat uncomfortable, I decided that portability was more important to me than a larger screen, longer battery life, optical image stabilization, etc... So I returned the Plus, unopened to the Verizon store and immediately ordered the 6 from Apple. I picked up the 6 that night and immediately opened it and transferred my info from my 5, very smooth process, even my text messages transferred over (When the Apple chat guy said they wouldn't because I was switching from AT&T to Verizon). I am extremely happy with the 6! I like the larger screen (Larger than the 5) and portability, although I'm using the Apple box to transport it until I figure if I am going to use a case, screen protector, etc. It feels great in the hand and I am happy with my decision. There is a small part of me that wonders if I could have adjusted to the Plus, but I am hoping that when the 7 or 8 comes out the small version of the phone will be 5" and that should be just about perfect. The battery life on the 6 seems great so far, using the phone on and off throughout the day and it's still at 53%. :apple: I am also loving the design!

7. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I was at the mall today so I decided to stop the Apple store to compare my plus to the 6. I am pretty content with the plus but the posts on these forum played with my head so I went to check the 6. I spent a good 10 minutes comparing and playing with the 6. I left the store loving my plus even more. Don't get me wrong,the 6 is more portable and easier to use but to me, it still gave me a 5s experience. With the 6 plus, the user experience is on a whole notha level especially when you watch movies or read something. It feels like a little tv in your pocket.

Sure the difference between the plus and 6 screen size is only 0.8 inches, in real life the viewing experience between the 2 is HUGE. The plus takes it to a total different experience. Although the difference between the 6 and 5s is about the same, they didn't feel that much different. Go compare them yourself and you'll know what I'm talking about. If you want the more portable one and don't want a big phone, the 6 would be suited better for you. Personally, the benefits of the larger screen outweigh the negatives.

8. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

I think that's what I'm worried about. Going to the iPhone 6 would just feel like an iPhone 5S, just with a bigger screen.

To be honest, the iPhone 6 isn't much different from the iPhone 5S apart from design, screen size and Apple Pay. :|

9. supernet33 macrumors regular

I exchanged my iPhone 6 plus for an iPhone 6..
    What a world of different and I am happy.

10. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

What made you swap your 6 Plus for the 6?

11. MikeVera macrumors member

Keeping my 6+

I felt the same way....the iPhone 6, while very nice, felt like a incremental upgrade over my 5. The Plus felt like it gave me a whole new experience with a different device.

12. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

You've just confirmed my fears with the iPhone 6. But the 6+ is just a tad too big! :| I'm really confused.