Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
I've really gotten used to the Macbook keyboard, I like it a lot. The only problem is when I try to use my G4 powerbook I struggle with the keyboard, I think because the keys are so close together whereas on my Macbook they have huge gaps inbetween.

Anybody have the same problem?

[edit: sorry wrong forum]

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
I've really gotten used to the Macbook keyboard, I like it a lot. The only problem is when I try to use my G4 powerbook I struggle with the keyboard, I think because the keys are so close together whereas on my Macbook they have huge gaps inbetween.

Anybody have the same problem?

[edit: sorry wrong forum]

The keys are basically the same. The MBP keyboard and the PowerBook keyboard just have beveled edges around them. If you take them away, the keyboard would be almost identical.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
The keys are basically the same. The MBP keyboard and the PowerBook keyboard just have beveled edges around them. If you take them away, the keyboard would be almost identical.

I think you misread, I'm talking about the Macbook vs the MBP/PB

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
I think you misread, I'm talking about the Macbook vs the MBP/PB

No, I was meaning that. The keys of the MacBook have no edge. The PB and the MBP have quite a bit of bevel on the side. If you take away that bevel, there is about the same gap between the keys as the MacBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.