Anyone switch from 6/6+ to a 5S and regret it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 5enohpi, Mar 29, 2015.

1. 5enohpi macrumors regular

5enohpi

I'm thinking of switching back to my 5S. The 6 is just to big for me. The 5S looks like a much better built premium device imo

2. woodywoodz Suspended

woodywoodz

I just updated my phone to iPhone 6. It is amazing. I like it :D

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

i bought my mom a 5s... i love that thing as much as i love my plus.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I couldn't imagine switching back to a phone with such a tiny screen. If the screen size isn't an issue for you, then feel free to switch back!

5. 5enohpi thread starter macrumors regular

5enohpi

I just did. Feels like I got my livelihood back

6. iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

Actually, I've been contemplating on getting a 5s for backup, but I also feel that it would be a waste because it would just be sitting there not being used.

Before I switched to Apple, my trial phone was the 5c. Man I loved that phone, even with the smaller gb space, but it only had 3G and in my city area under VZ, 4gLTE is everywhere, so I knew getting the 6 was a easy decision.

Plus I like the thumb sensor and the 4.7 screen size and the camera might I add.

7. Adhvaitv macrumors newbie

6 is much better than 5s ..
    Great battery backup .. Very good screen and of great size ... One cannot even think about going back to 5 after this ..unless u r a stubborn

8. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

Ditto. 4 inch screens are like the Nintendo. A relic of the past for me. My 5s feels like a kid's toy.

9. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I still use my 5S as an iPod and I could never go back.

10. blackhawk526 macrumors member

blackhawk526

It's not really a downgrade, and actually is better in some usage scenarios (phone calls, iPod, gym use etc). Just make sure you get one with decent battery life. Battery life is the Achilles heel of pre-6 iPhones.

11. TMacGuy macrumors member

I use my iPhone 4S as an iPod. (64gb).

However I do have a brand new iPhone 5S 32gb sitting in a box. I should sell it or something.

12. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Having compared the 6 to the 5S side-by-side, I think the 5S display might seem a bit crummy after using the 6.

The 6's LCD had much better color and viewing angles IMO. It made the display on my 5 look like an antique.

13. TMacGuy macrumors member

I remember thinking this with my 4S and iPhone 5 side by side when the 5 came out.

14. CYKBC macrumors 6502

I had the six and six plus. Bought a new 5s from the Apple Store the other day. No regrets. I love this form factor and the boxy design. Screen is just smaller, density is the same. Lightning quick and similar battery life like six.

I have learned that I don't want anything bigger than the 5 series. I don't game. I don't post on Instagram all day. I text. Google map. Wiki. YouTube all on the go and on couch. I highly value lightness and mobility in hand.

15. solo118 macrumors 65816

I keep a 5S for vacation and honestly I miss the 6. The camera is also better on the 6 which is something I use a lot while away.

16. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I still have my iPhone 5S. The screen is too small! I can't go back to using it. My 4.7" iPhone 6 is the perfect size (for me).

17. ryankul macrumors regular

Had a 6+ but found it to be too big. Especially once it was in a case. Even a slim case it was pretty big for pockets. Super hard if I was sitting down to get out/in. Switched to a 6 and size was better although not perfect. Had issues with dark spots on the lcd on two units.. Short stint with Android but missed iOS and all my apps and purchases. Bought a new 5S couple weeks back and have been super happy. Using a Otterbox Symmetry case and it's still pocket friendly.

Hoping the 6S or 7 either has small bezels so the device is physically smaller or Apple makes a smaller screened version. Obviously most is just my personal preference on size. Others think I'm crazy lol. (4" phone screen is so tiny etc)

18. rillrill macrumors 6502

rillrill

I went back for $$$ reasons. You can get a used 5s for half of what a 6 costs new. The 6's design is pretty bad imo. That camera bump is just annoying, and the antenna lines are straight fugly. I'm hoping the 7 fixes the design flaws.

19. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I did. I can't one-hand the 6 very well and the 5s was more portable overall. I'm keeping the 6 because my partner inherited my 5s and is happy with it. At least the battery life is better.

20. iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

On the 5s right now. Picked it up today from fedex. Love it and I will test drive it on the trial period. Felt weird putting my 6 up in the box. Loving the size but I wonder if I will miss the voice over data. Comes in handy at times when u need to surf and talk. I admit, I can actually go case less with this phone. Form factor is sweet.

21. Jason Lewis Suspended

Jason Lewis

iPhone 6

I prefer more iPhone 6, iPhone 5S is a little bit small. And I think 6 looks more beautiful than the 5S:D

22. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I 100% agree with this.

23. TheHungarianGuy macrumors newbie

I also consider switching to the 5S as well.

I have the 6 since december but still not confident with the size and there are to many cons for me personally. For example: I have enough space in my running gear for the iPhone 5, but not for my iPhone 6, so I bought a cheap armband and later on a more expensive one because the cheap one was uncomfortable while running ... unfortunately, the expensive armband doesn't help.

Due to the size I also always "feel" the phone. Kind of sounds stupid, but with the 5 I could sit down or walk stairs and felt nothing but now every time I sit down I have to take the 6 out of my pocket.

The 5 felt like a companion who was there if I needed it but the 6 fells like reminding me all the time "hey, HEY ... I'm in your pocket!" ... oh an no, I don't have skinny jeans ;)

Additionally, the 6 still feels very slippery in my hands and putting a case on which actually protects it, multiplies the cons.

So all in all I think it also depends on how you use the phone but for my use-cases the 6 doesn't fit.

24. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I have to agree with you here. Ever since I purchased my 6, I've always "felt" it whether its in my jeans pocket or sweatpants pocket. I know it's always there. With my 5c, I can put it in my pocket and forget about it.

I'm debating myself whether I should sell my 6 and 5c (back-up phone) for a 5s.

25. Don.Draper macrumors newbie

Pretty sure my 5S on T-Mobile does voice over data....it def sounds like it anyway. :apple: