Anyone switch from MBP to a Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ilovemygeek, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

I didn't realize the new Macbook's came with Super Drive, so I'm thinking that since I"ve had a couple defective Macbook Pro screens I may just get a black Macbook and wait out out the Pro line until they fix the yellow tint issue. Anyone have a Macbook they use for graphics work? I'm going to be running the Adobe CS3 suite mostly.

2. twinsdad macrumors member

I made the pro>mackbook switch and I'm very happy with it. I sold my core duo pro because the wireless range was lousy, I needed a dual layer drive, and the core duo got so hot during intensive use that it was flat out uncomfortable (playing COH in boot camp would leave red marks on my legs). I went for the macbook this time because I couldn't afford the $2,000 sticker price again and feel pretty good about the switch.

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I did and i find i really love the macbook and the keyboard and the screen, it was overkill for me so sold it for 2225.00 on ebay and moved on....loving this 2.2 baby!!!!!

This is much cooler then any mac i have had, and love the screen......

4. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

MacBooks are weaker at 3D graphics. I use CS3 on mine and it flies. Mine is the Rev A as well!

5. Ilovemygeek thread starter macrumors regular

I can live with weaker 3D graphics, I do mostly web-development and 2D graphics.

6. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

MacBooks have been available with Super Drives since their inception.

7. Ilovemygeek thread starter macrumors regular

LOL, yeah my husband's has the crappy combo drive but his is a work computer, it was a big reason why I never considered a Macbook before LOL.