anyone switch to MB from MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thadoggfather, Mar 30, 2009.

  1. thadoggfather macrumors G4


    Oct 1, 2007
    Just curious!

    I have an early 2008 mbp, i like it.

    but i had the first gen polycarb macbook before it died out of warranty and i liked the size (but not the not-as-good speakers and lower screen res and lower screen quality)

    down the road i'll consider getting a macbook again (aluminum of course)

    but the new mbp are nice too
  2. cfairbank macrumors 6502

    Nov 12, 2006
    I have owned a macbook pro 2.16 ghz for the past couple of years and have recently wanted to upgrade to one of the new aluminum mb or mbp. I have loved my mbp but have often wanted something a bit smaller. Granted the mbp 15 is not huge and transports fine but just wanted something a little more portable.

    Anyways, I picked up an aluminum mb a couple of days ago along with a 20" imac. I am torn, part of me wants to take it back and get the mbp but the more I mess with it the more I want to keep.

    My issues are the screen size, I don't know if on down the road I will be mad at going smaller. No firewire for my mini dv camera but the Imac takes care of that issue. Last no card slot for my wireless card but can get a usb one to solve that problem.

    In all I think it is a great laptop. I like the feel and looks just have to decide if it is right for me. As of now I am keeping it. Have about a week and a half to make my final decision. Will let you know.

    Would be interested in anyone else's switch from mbp to mb.
  3. clyde2801 macrumors 601


    Mar 6, 2008
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    I went from uni mb to mbp based upon screen quality. Poor viewing angle, lack of contrast and inability to distinguish blacks/dark colors drove me insane. But I did like the size and overall build quality of the machine.

    If it's going to mainly sit at a desk and be transported occasionally, get the pro. If you're going to haul it around, get the mb, and get a decent lcd to tether it to when you're at the desk.
  4. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816


    Jan 15, 2008
    I'm also looking to go from poly-carb MB to MBP this year. I'm going to try and wait until late Jul - Aug, before I go back to school for 09-10. Right now my current setup is good, but I'm liking the new MB's and MBP's.

Share This Page