Anyone switching iPad Mini (7.9") for iPhone X (5.8")

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spac3duck, Sep 14, 2017.

1. spac3duck macrumors regular

Hey guys,

With the tiny screen size increase inside a smaller body, is anyone considering switching from an iPad mini to the new iPhone X instead of waiting for a potential iPad mini 5?

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Not I. I mean, Im not anticipating an iPad mini 5, but I will pretty much use my 4 until it dies (7 years later and I still use my iPad 1). The Plus versions of iPhones havent come close to replacing my iPad mini, the iPhone X will be no different. Honestly I just prefer the iPad version of apps. If iPhone apps offered more, then maybe. But as of now, Im not even considering an iPhone X to replace my SE. :D

3. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

This is the path I'm following as well. Keeping my 9.7 iPad and instead of getting a huge phone, I'll go for a smaller size. Although I'm very tempted to try out the new cameras and that enhanced portrait mode.

4. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Absolutely not. I plan on using my Mini 4 until it dies as well (or if Apple decides to release a new Mini). But my 7 + SE + Mini 4 is a combination that works great for me.

5. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

May I ask what you specifically use the 7 and SE for?

6. spac3duck thread starter macrumors regular

Yeh I was assuming one was work, one was personal?

7. mariotr87 macrumors regular

I'm struggling with this one myself. My mini 4 is getting older everyday, and it doesn't look like Apple will update it.

Assuming I do get an X, I'm wondering whether a 9.7 or 10.5 iPad would be a better companion.

8. bensisko macrumors 65816

Nope. I'll probably get a 10, but I'll still be using the Mini. The iPhone would have to have a 7" screen before I would consider ditching he Mini. Having said that, 7" would still seem cramped. The current Mini really is the smallest acceptable size for a "main" mobile device.

9. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

The companion iPad will entirely depend on your use case. Being the owner of a 9.7 2017 iPad I can say it's surely the best bang for your bucks.