Anyone Talked Their Way Into a Bumped Eligibility Date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Seraphx17, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Seraphx17 macrumors member

I have a family plan, and two of my lines purchased the iPhone 3GS last year. Because one of the lines is listed as the primary, it got bumped while the other did not. I am thinking about calling ATT and seeing if they could bump the eligibility of the other one so we don't have to pay the full unsubsidized price of the new iPhone.

Has anyone had any experience in trying to get their eligibility changed? I reason that especially if they announce an upcoming Verizon iPhone tomorrow, saying that we might switch over to them will get them to do it, but I'm curious if anyone has ever tried/successfully had their eligibility bumped by talking to a rep over the phone.

Anyone?

2. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Wait until they officially announce the phone. Also, I would wait until a day or two after because you KNOW they are going to be slammed with calls on the first day and will probably not be willing to do much out of irritability... just my $.02.

3. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

I'm in the same situation and hope to talk my way into it. I paid 399 for wife's 3GS last year and hope to not have to this year.

Don't expect them to bump her date up but worth a try.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think you can talk them into it but worth a try.
    Contracts are there for a reason.

5. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

They are also a major business/corp with plenty of room to play... They would love to keept your business... people think that "one person" doesn't matter to AT&T but that's not how they think about it.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not like a used car dealership though.
    You can threaten to leave and say whatever but you will not get your way like breaking your contract or getting early bumped up subsidy.
    Worth a try but it would be a waste IMO. They got rules to follow and go by your contract.