Anyone testing 10.5 on an Al iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by colorspace, Sep 27, 2007.

1. colorspace macrumors 6502

I'm wondering if anyone has tested 10.5 on one of the new Al iMacs (either 2.4 or 2.8)?

If so do you see any significant improvement in the video performance in 10.5 relative to 10.4?

Any other observed changes in performance?

Thanks

2. Bigtree macrumors 6502

To bad..... it's the only Mac built for leopard.

3. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

How so? The latest MBP and Macbooks were released well into Leopard's development...

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

If they're legit testers, then they've signed a non-disclosure agreement that doesn't allow them to talk about stuff like that. :(

6. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

I know I shouldn't, but I have tried it with an alu iMac. And it works as well as it does on any other modern Mac (going on reports ive read). Strangely, it did seem to contain later graphics driver revisions, but if you were wondering if the freezing issue is fixed in Leopard.. In my experience, it most definitely is not. Someone else on a couple of other forums has reported the freezing as fixed in Leopard, but the guy seems a bit stupid, and I dont trust him any further than I could throw him.

Xbench did show some performance improvements in Leopard in nearly all of the tests it ran.

Nice OS and im looking forward to getting the final release. I just wish my new iMac was as good :rolleyes:

7. Alloye macrumors 6502a

I'm running the latest Leopard seed on my 24" Al iMac. All I will say is that I haven't booted into Tiger for weeks. ;)

8. Bigtree macrumors 6502

I was told this by a Mac Genius. It makes sense to me.

9. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I've heard lots of BS from the mouths of the Mac Geniuses. After a while here, you'll know much more than most of them.

10. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

OT: Entry Level MBP OK for Leopard?

I hope to be getting an MBP soon, maybe as soon as next month, and I was wondering.. would the entry level 2.2 GHz with the 128 MB GPU be ok? I won't be doing any crazy 3D (though some) animation or gaming. Would it run Leopard well? I know you're all going to recommend me the midrange, and I might end up getting that if I can bare to save up to that lol.

11. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

It will work great with Leopard :)

12. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

Sweet. As of now I've decided. Entry level MBP it is. lol. I'll have ~$2k by the end of this month/early next month if I don't spend my paycheques on luxurious luncheons and stuff like that EVERY DAY...

13. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

My Leopard loves playing with my Mac. I've captured all kinds of great performances on video.

... Oh, wait... That's not what you were after is it :p

14. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

I think at this point I'm just going to have to wait for macs to start shipping with Leopard..

A little worrisome that the freezing issue exists in Leopard as well..

15. Alloye macrumors 6502a

I haven't had a single freeze on my 24" Al iMac running 9A559.