Anyone think a outer design change is coming?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scotty56, Mar 6, 2008.

1. scotty56 macrumors regular

With everyone now talking about the 3g iPhone coming out in June alongside 2.0, does anyone think the new iPhone will look any different?

2. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Nope. But you will be able to get the 3g chip installed in your current phone. ( I hope) not that I need it but it would be cool

3. rje macrumors regular

There will definitely be a new look. Maybe not in the next iteration, but don't be surprised if there is. Look at Apple's history. They never stand pat with design. Everybody thought the first iMac was a keeper. Then they introduced the goose necked iMac, then another iMac, and just when the world thought they had the perfect, most beautiful iMac, yet another one. Apple moves on very quickly when it comes to design. Apple is very much in the design business.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The only design changes I predict would be "fixing" the headphone jack (although I already found a Belkin mini-to-mini cable that fits for my car) and possibly colors. I think the iPhone/iPod Touch are the only iPod models without any color choices. I would personally love a Product Red (or (PRODUCT) Red or whatever) iPhone.

But I seriously don't see any flaws with the design. In fact, I bet a lot of accessory makers would be pissed at major change so soon.

5. rje macrumors regular

It's a great design, but Apple will change it. I'm a committed Mac user, and I know how they operate. There will be many, many new looks as time passes. That's how they do things.

6. werkedm3 macrumors member

No way apple will do this. You will have to buy a new iphone to get 3g

7. rje macrumors regular

8. scotty56 thread starter macrumors regular

What else could they do to make more "pleasing" to the eye? Slimmer? Smaller? I love the current look, but I am also curious what they might do..

9. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

I don't think the new iPhone will be in June. My prediction with Apple waiting towards the end of "deadlines" would be in December sometime. I doubt they would want to cannibalize sales of the current generation iPhone just as a new and very HUGE upgrade to the iPhone software hits. Releasing a new device at the same time as a new software upgrade doesn't make sense.