Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robotkiller

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
Amazon doesn't care so much about the Kindle's success as it does the success of their e-books.

Whatever gets e-books in people's hands works for them as an additional revenue stream. The Kindle is just a means towards an end, IMO. I suspect they will not only sell the iPad, but they will have an iPad app for their e-bookstore. Assuming Apple lets them (which I'm sure they will)

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
^ it only says that because you signed up to be notified for that particular model. I did the same thing.

I really want to get this from amazon because of the no taxes, and I have amazon rewards and amazon prime. Hopefully they will be taking preorders soon so I can get mine on the 3rd. Keeping my fingers crossed.

actually i signed up for notification for the 32GB model too and it says something different. now that I look at it, that little note that say you're signed up for notifications on the 16GB model is completely gone.

Attachments

• 16GB Wifi.jpg
    16GB Wifi.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 84
  • 32GB Wifi.jpg
    32GB Wifi.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 80

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
Ah, you're right. I'm sure it means nothing though.

The second I get the notification email I am ordering. I don't care if I'm in the middle of traffic my order will be placed! :D

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
me too. actually i've been check amazon a couple times each day to see if they have pre-order available. hope it's sooner rather than later.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
16GB WiFi - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002C7481G

I signed up for notification on the 16GB Wifi model and noticed today that it just says that's it's not available. The other models say "
Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.". No need to read too much into it, just thought it was odd.

At Note at the bottom for all models reads:
Amazon wants to keep you informed about this exciting product. We do not know when we will be able to accept and fulfill orders. Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.

vs. the 32GB Wifi model - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00365F6EG
Now all the Wifi models say "Currently Unavailable." This could mean that they might start selling them soon, hopefully.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
don't worry

i don't think it's a matter of IF they will sell the iPad, it's more a matter of WHEN they'll start selling it. based on what i've read about the short supply at best buy & apple cutting off the reservations, i'm afraid it's going to be later rather than sooner, i'll bet at the earliest by the end of the april, but I hope I'm wrong. i'm even contemplating getting the one I reserved at the apple store since I really want to get one and start using it/playing around with it, though I'd prefer to get it through amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.