Anyone think AT&T put the iPhone pre-orders on back order for earnings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imaginex20, Oct 20, 2011.

1. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Now I am starting to think AT&T are not shipping pre-ordered phones to manipulate their earnings for Q4. Yesterday they announced their earnings, now some pre-orders are starting to ship again...I know its all speculative but AT&T customers' pre-orders are back ordered for no damn reason.

What do you guys think?

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I don't think this is true. They've done over a million activations already, and they are going to do millions more during the next quarter.

3. vitog123 macrumors 6502

they are doing something that doesnt make any sense...:(

4. imaginex20 thread starter macrumors 65816

imaginex20

They've done over a million but they could have done a lot more if the have shipped their orders on time. This could have affected the numbers but its all speculative.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What difference does it make? They will eventually get reported.

6. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

Well, considering Q4 began October 1, and the pre-orders began October 7, I don't see how any delays could be earnings related. Not a single 4s shipped in Q3.

7. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

My, the imaginations are out of control.

Phew! I'm glad I didn't drink the Kool-Aid.

It's just a phone. No matter how you rationalize it.

8. marty11 macrumors regular

I wouldn't put it past AT&T to sell a bunch of phones they had no chance delivering, willingly lying to customers as a policy about the delivery times and refusing to cancel those orders once the writing was on the wall in order to bolster their earnings and position.

The good news is the mechanics of an iPhone launch have changed forever. Anybody with a brain will not lay down a cent or come in a miles length of a 2 year renewal without a real activated phone in their hands.

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

This might resonate with you, but the Apple worshipers are pre-programmed to comply with Apples edict. That assures robust demand sight unseen. It's only growing larger.

Apple may have lost their best pitchman, but the worshipers remain.

Unlike the cult known as the "Dead Heads", Steves cult is far larger and more devoted.

10. admanimal macrumors 68040

You see the irony in the fact that every single post you make has to do with accusing other people of being Apple robots, right?

11. marty11 macrumors regular

Not a worshiper or fan boy here. Just a guy with a 3G on the fritz who was told a pre-order meant I'd get it earlier than those who did not pre-order.