Anyone think going into an Apple Store is a zoo?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rgarjr, Jun 12, 2009.

1. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm here at an Apple store (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) right now and it's just a zoo with people in here. :D

Just amazes me how successful these stores are nowadays.

2. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

The one in the Florida Mall near where I live often has a line of people waiting to get in. I hate going to that one. The staff always seem so stressed.

Always go the the store in Century Plaza in Tampa. Still very busy, but not nearly so bad as the the one at Florida Mall.

3. MTI macrumors 65816

I guess people are still laptop hunting at Apple. :D

4. Lipstick macrumors member

I'm at my parent's house right across the street. Will probably head over there tonight. I've been planning to see those new MacBook Pros on display. :)

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I've only been in the one in Columbus, Ohio a few times and it's fairly easy to get around. Machines are always open to try out and this is even on the weekend.

6. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

All the ones I've been to have been packed to the point where you can't really do or see anything. I usually only go when I need something and they're the only ones who have it, never to just browse. That said I've never had to wait long in line ever and staff has always been great.

7. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

I'm jealous as we have no Apple store in Adelaide, South Australia. I'd like to sample the Zoo atmosphere myself. :eek:

8. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

It all depends on the store you go into I guess. For example, the Mall of Georgia Apple Store and Lenox Mall Apple Store are like zoos every time I have went to either of them, but the Perimeter Apple Store has always been nearly empty when I have been to it.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

They don't smell and don't offer tram rides... Also souvenir cups would be cool.

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Apple put 2 in Orlando (Florida Mall and Mall of Millenia) b/c they know the tourists will come, gawk, but, go home, and evangelize. The Apple stores, just like all the tourist attractions in Orlando, are zoos!

11. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

I only go to the one in the FL Mall .. I REFUSE to drive to Tampa.

12. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Yes, every store here is a zoo ..... it's because we're cursed with all the bloody tourists. :mad:

13. ThomasW91 macrumors newbie

Went to Charleston, SC to get my new 15" yesterday, it was pretty crazy but not like other stores. I could not believe how many employees they had going around. I went in this morning to return a firewire cable and they were all buzzing around because a huge storm caused a lot of water to come through the unit above them, down on top of a few 24" iMac's... they were toast.

It's amazing how quick the service is with the mobile symbol scanners. It's even quicker when first thing you say is "I'll take the new 15" 2.8ghz." :D