Anyone think skype is coming for ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eroxx, Mar 13, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

2. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

but that's not optimized for ipad (*2 graphics/etc)

3. dmaul1114 macrumors 6502

They should get an iPad version out quickly I'd think. Already on the iPhone so just a matter of updating for the iPad now that it has cameras.

4. pmz macrumors 68000

5. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

I think it is more likely, but the iPhone skype app sucks for video. Very sluggish on my iPhone 4. I use Facetime if at all possible. Pretty much all of my family members either have facetime on iPhone 4s or Macs, which, while it took time, I've been able to get loaded in so I can call 'em. Much better than Skype, imho, I imagine it would be for iPad, too.

Mac-to-Mac, I actually use Skype more than Facetime, but they're pretty comparable.

7. langis.elbasunu macrumors regular

langis.elbasunu

even though its not optimized for ipad yet i think it still works great....we use it everyday to call brazil.. video is solid most of the time.

8. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

The iphone app works good enough on the ipad.

9. vw195 macrumors 6502

10. iserian macrumors 6502

Opposite here - I find Skype superior to FaceTime on my Viphone and hope they come out with a Ipad Skype.

11. biosci macrumors 6502a

Only problem is that I think they're slow. I think it took a REALLY long time to get the app on the iPhone up and working. Maybe it was only encouraged to when Fring had one working but still, even with that, they took their sweet time.

12. dmaul1114 macrumors 6502

In any case, I hope it comes reasonably quickly as I'm not an Apple guy nor are most of my friends and family, so Facetime isn't very useful for me compared to Skype since I'm mostly calling people who are on PCs.

But the iPhone app is sufficient for the time being I guess.

13. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

Weird. I've tried Skype on iPhones, iPod Touches and the iMacs, with all sorts of different combinations. Almost invariably on the same connection Facehad noticably better image quality than Skype. My wife hates me for picking up a phone with no FaceTime for that reason.

As for the iPad version, since there's already the iPod Touch version I'd guess it's pretty much a given. Now give us the Android version with video too. :(

14. langis.elbasunu macrumors regular

langis.elbasunu

yeah for me facetime definitely had better vid quality when i call my buddy with iphone 4 but facetime is limited being that its mac only