Anyone Think The Mockups Are Better Than The Real One?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gan6660, Dec 27, 2009.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Does anyone think the old mockups of a widescreen iPod look better than the actual touch?

Attached Files:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Why wouldn't they? They're unconstrained by any connection to reality. :p

One thing that surprises me, though... I thought I would really miss the wheel, and I scarcely even think about it. I have a couple older iPods -- a 2G nano and an iPod video... and now I find the wheel really cumbersome vs. navigation in the iPod/iPhone interface.

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I miss the wheel in music.... and my wheel doesn't work well on my Video! LOL!! (well, really it's the button that doesn't work).

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't like that. I prefer the wheel (or a real, Classic-style one since I keep my iPod in my pocket) but not on a touchscreen thing. That would just be horrible to use.
    Dont like the bezel either.

5. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

You should maybe post more than one example :p

The problem with the mockups is people almost always stuck a wheel on them. Way to think outside the box :rolleyes: Saying that though the physical wheel > current touch interface (for me anyway)

I don't think an image of a wheel is what's needed, but the interface does need rethought on the touch iPods.

6. NOSintake macrumors member

Maybe its not fair for me to say since I don't actually have an iPod Touch, but I've used quite a few of them, and I prefer the touch interface. The only time I like the wheel is when I'm changing the volume, or seeking to a specific point in a song/movie (because I have big hands). Again, I don't have one, so it might not be fair to judge, but that's my two cents.