Anyone thinking of selling their pre-order?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by totten76, Apr 9, 2015.

1. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

I've realized that with such a big hype, and the limited number of watches, that I could just sell my pre-order or the watch right when I get it. The same thing happened when the Xbox 1 came out. Anyone thinking of doing this or seeing people spending more money since they can't get it?

2. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

don't do this please...if you don't want it...don't pre-order/buy it.

3. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

4. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

This is a troll. The OP is trying to get outrage from a mass number of people. Don't respond and he won't succeed.

Either that or he doesn't realize what he's doing is wrong. If that's the case, this is wrong and immoral OP.

5. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

People like you are why Apple has to limit selling the watch in mass quantities.

6. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

7. totten76 thread starter macrumors regular

totten76

Well what gave me the idea was my skepticism of it being worth the cost :(
    If it ends up not being worth it I'll just return it.....orrrr sell it for some profit.

8. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Or just not buy it at all if you aren't going to keep it?

9. totten76 thread starter macrumors regular

totten76

Ya I'm a horrible person with no ethics who is set on taking advantage of society. gtfo. It was a question and let's not act like this is something new in society

10. Wallabe, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

Wallabe macrumors 6502a

These are the same type of people who buy all the tickets they can for an event the moment it's available, then price gouge them to where it becomes unaffordable or unreasonable to those who really want to attend.

These are the ones I don't do business with.

11. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

OK, we get it. Stop replying and just let this fade into oblivion.

12. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

Please don't. I really want my watch to be reserved tonight and I hope you are not doing this.

People really want these devices, find another business

13. wsuhoops1000 macrumors newbie

people on this forum love capitalism until it doesn't work in their favor. OP if you wanna do it, do it. It's the way the world works. Economics 101.

14. Vatche macrumors member

Thank you!:)

15. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

It's not wrong or immoral IMO. It's not the same as scalping tickets since the Apple Watch inventory will be replenished eventually.

If someone on the street offered $200 over purchase for your Watch on the spot, you'd probably sell it.

16. FoxD macrumors 6502

Wait, is there a limit for pre-orders?

I was planning on ordering 3 watches tonight. Brother, wife, and me.

17. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

2 per customer.

18. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

Didn't someone say the Watch is locked to your iCloud account before activation which means you have to open the box first?

19. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I made that up as a joke to dissuade another poster from selling their pre-order. Apparently it was convincing enough that some people are quoting it back. It is patently false.

20. superlawyer15 macrumors regular

superlawyer15

Since when is something being "not new in society" an excuse to keep doing it.

.....murder isn't new

21. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Honestly, what hype? Nobody in my circle of friends or my husband's friends, employees or colleagues is all that interested. We are talking about people aged 17-60's with money, iPhones, interests in technology, fashion and fitness all living in a an affluent upscale major metropolitan area. Just his sister wanted one when told about it. That's been it so far. I've not gotten together recently to talk with my friends about it. But nobody has mentioned it to me in texts, yet.

My husband came home and told me one of his business contacts at an Apple Store is thrilled he's planning to preorder it and represent for it or be an ambassador or some rigmarole like that and didn't make it sound like it was going to be a nightmare getting one on preorder day. Seriously they were actually calling my husband repeatedly over the past month to gauge his interest because my husband is heavily networked. That's such a different tune the same contact sang about the IPhone 6plus that was insanely in demand and hard to get.

The only hype I have heard seems to come from Angela Ahrendts trying to make it sound like there is going to be Tickle Me Elmo levels of fighting over it. Maybe she speaks the truth. Maybe she's just earning those millions Apple is paying her.