Anyone thinking the new Applecare+ is a decent alternative to using a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattcube64, Oct 6, 2011.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

I hate cases on phones. But I know that I'm bound to drop the phone at some point.

I feel like with AC+, which now covers accidental damage, I can forgo buying a $30 or $40 case. And if something happens... no big deal! I can just bring it in and flip it out for a nominal fee.

Sure, it's a fair bit pricier than not getting AC+ and just using a case; but I think I'll enjoy having my phone "naked" a lot more.

Anyone else thinking similarly? That AC+ enables us to go case-less.

2. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

IMO, it does not replace the protection a decent case can offer. It is limited to two accidents...beyond that you're on your own. A decent case and/or screen protector will limit the amount of wear & tear on the phone so if you go to sell it a couple years down the road you will be better off. Plus, if a case can save my phone from breaking when dropped once in awhile, it is worth the saved hassle caused by the return process.

Just my $.02. :apple:

3. Redbeard25 macrumors regular

Redbeard25

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Ha, ha, that's like saying you don't wear a seat belt but you have good insurance. :eek:

5. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

im still using a case, i get annoyed if my phones get scratches, especially when its still relatively new

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I like BestBuy's service plan for iPhones and Macs...:cool:

7. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Smash the phone right before you get ready to sell it.