Anyone thinks Black w/ Silver Back would be better than Space Grey?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antwormcity, Sep 23, 2014.

1. antwormcity, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

antwormcity macrumors newbie

I spent 45 mins or so admiring and playing with the Apple's new phones in the colors that they offer. All of them.

I came off with a feeling that the Space Gray was too muted (especially in the new design), and would look much nicer if the Black phone had the Silver back just like the White/Silver phone.

Anyone thinks they would prefer that instead of the Space Gray?

PS: This is personal preference, and only my opinion. Maybe coming from reading too much about Jony Ive, his biography and Apple design philosophy from the early days. Clearly Apple does not make this combination.

I own all Apple products except the Airport Extreme, and plan to pick up an iPhone 6 later this week. Not a fan boy, but a tech and design enthusiast at heart. Be gentle, don't flame. :apple:

2. nevesis macrumors 6502

The real issue is that the space gray iPad air is darker than the space gray iPhone 6.

The iPhone 6 space gray is not dark enough and if Apple is going to use specific naming conventions for product colors, they need to match.

3. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

I got the gray...cause i dont like the white bezel on the other two.

4. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

The Space Gray is the best design this year, IMO.

5. Enzo316 macrumors newbie

The white iPhones look too girly to me. I definitely think space grey is a good choice if white isn't your cup of tea.

6. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I looked at the Gray, and it looks just like any other large screen smartphone in the market right now. Also, I already have the black Note 3. So went with the white/silver combo this time around...

Oh who am I kidding!! That's the only color option I had available for the 6+ and didn't wanna wait ...forever! :p

But seriously, the all colors are great...

7. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Wish they'd bring back Slate Black like the 5. Don't know why they do this Grey. :(

8. Oridus macrumors 6502a

I think I would have preferred the color of the original 5, in terms of the aluminum. Oh well, I just covered it with a speck case instead of a clear case this time. I've got some weird blue / dark real speck to cover it. I like it.

9. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Seconded

10. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

The space gray looks much better in person than it did on the website. I find myself admiring my friends phones even though I absolutely LOVE my gold one. I do wish they did the slate black like they did on the 5, though. Would look way cooler imo.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Space Gray on the iPhone 6 is so light that it essentially looks silver. I also wish it were darker like the iPad's Space Gray.