Anyone tried 4-finger swipe gestures?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Arelunde, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I know this has been mentioned previously, but I just "discovered" the four-finger swipe gestures in settings. They are incredibly convenient and save all the button pushing...

Four or five fingers swipe UP and you get the multi-tasking bar
    Four or five fingers swipe DOWN and it closes
    In an app, four/five finger swipe left or right goes to previous apps or next one
    Pinch the screen with all fingers and you get HOME

Wow! Before this, I was using the Assistive Touch in the Accessibility settings. It worked OK, but the little button seemed to be in the way no matter where I slid it to. I've had this iPad2 and iPhone4 for many months and there's still more to learn!

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I am guessing this is not something for the iPhone? I can't fit 4 fingers across the screen.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

You need smaller fingers!

5. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

The four-finger swipe up is so intuitive and natural, I do it without thinking.
    The four-finger swipe sideways to switch between apps, is not as intuitive, IMO, because the up gesture brings up the tray anyways.

The up and the 4-5 finger pinch to close apps are a joy to use.

6. Arelunde thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I tried it on the iPhone, but it doesn't work. Looked in the Settings (where I found the swipe gestures on the iPad2), and it wasn't mentioned there. So, I guess I'm stuck with the Assistive Touch button wandering the iPhone screen. But, that's still better than wearing out the buttons. Thank goodness, though, it's on the iPad!!! :)