anyone tried a Uncommon case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by labman, Dec 5, 2010.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

I found these wondering if they are worth a go nice idea that you can get a one of a kind custom case. like to know if somebody has tried one..

http://www.getuncommon.com/

2. Gonz19 macrumors regular

I bought one before for a 3G and it was fine. Did have an issue with it not fitting properly and the sent me a replacement one. Ordered one for ip4 and had the same issue of an improper fit and sent the an email with pics and they said the fit was within there tolerances. The case didn't fit flush together and had a bowed in the back. May have been just a bad case but not sure how they decide which ones are within there specs as to how they are suppose to slider together. The gap was enough that the phone is loose inside. Not very happy with the case overall.

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I haven't tried one but they look pretty cool. Anyone else had experience with them?

4. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I got one from target recently and the fit is weird. It doesn't close properly and it sticks out on both sides where the case is suppose to connect together. I'm going to return it.

5. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

I did just realize where I found it Ilounge.com is featuring them this month in a contest 200 winners or 200 cases maybe I will get lucky and win one. I never have luck with there contest though.

6. s54flexin macrumors newbie

7. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I have the deflector. It's a great case. I had one with my own design made. Print job true to color. Very good quality. Im surprised these cases don't get mentioned in here. Some reviews I read about the deflector said it's hard to get off. I initially I had a problem too. There is a certain way to do it. Plus i sort of bent is back a few times on the corner and now it's very easy to get off. Same design as the incase snap but thicker. Adds more bulk but does offer better protection. I found a 20% off coupon online.

8. treeoflife macrumors member

It's like customizing your own cover. It would be a nice gift for the holiday season.

9. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

Eh...I was sortof interested in their spread...a nice website goes a long way to attracting my attention, but it occured to me that there is no description of the cases.
    What is the loop made of, for instance? Metal? Rubber?
    Like the look of the deflector too but again, is it metal? plastic? That gel material that the crappy cases are made of?
    Anybody know? I really dont feel like having to google search to decide if it's worth buying or not, so thats kindof a "shame on you" directed at their web guy I guess :)