Anyone tried Benks Glass Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by runtohell121, Oct 9, 2014.

1. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

2. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Need some real world pics of that. I like that it hac colored bezel but without real pics it's a no-go

3. SonicSoundVW macrumors regular

4. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

~$14 USD on eBay... will take some time to arrive from China. I didn't order it as I don't have my phone yet... (waiting for AT&T to ship it...)

Can't really find any reviews on it.

5. ratman2356 macrumors member

Have had this one, Okr Pro, in my watch list for a few days now while I search for some feedback on it. I think I may go ahead and order one. I do not care for the iLoome lines and I don't see anything else yet on the horizon although I am sure they are coming. Would feel better about it if it was USA shipped ie. less than a week for delivery or was sub $10 bucks but that's because I am admitted cheapass and equally impatient.

I had a BSE gloss front protector but couldn't stand the feel so running naked now and it makes me nervous but the screen also feels so good. Totally spoiled by tempered glass screen protectors.

6. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I like the "Low Rate of Spontaneous Explosion"

Looks like Moshi's

7. isaki87 macrumors regular

I went ahead and bit the bullet the other day, lets see how it ends up working out.

8. arthurj7 macrumors newbie

Updates?

Has there been any updates to this thread? Has anyone received it yet? I have also purchased this on ebay a few days ago and I am waiting for it to arrive.

9. dcell macrumors member

Real world pics can be found here :

http://www.dgtle.com/article-7193-1.html

Use google translate because it's in chinese (or don't use it if you can read chinese :cool:). Seems like there is already a version 2 without the big cutout at the home button.

Like al the other "full" glass screenprotectors the edge is not curved and there is some lifting at the curved edges which will make it accumulate dust.

10. arthurj7 macrumors newbie

Dang, well as soon as I get it in the mail I'll post pictures of how it looks. I've seen the iloome one with the border that covers the curved edges but I'm not too sure how I feel about how it looks.

----------

Have you received it yet??

11. isaki87 macrumors regular

I ordered on 10/13 and I still have not received it. I know packages from China take quite some time, so Im expecting it within the next week or two.

12. isaki87 macrumors regular

I just received it, and here are the images. It is not a true curved SP. It just hovers over the edges and feels a little weird holding the phone naked. With a case like the Ringke slim or the Power Support air jacket, it works well.

Attached Files:

13. isaki87 macrumors regular

more pics

Let me know if you need/ want more pics.

Attached Files:

14. Squatting Tiger, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

Squatting Tiger macrumors newbie

Got it installed on my 6 and it feels just like the screen isn't there. Very smooth and responsive, and the coating they use is very good. The edges ARE straight i.e there is a minimal air gap when the 6's face curves away. Feels strange when phone is naked with the edge there, but after installing my Airjacket Force case it's not noticeable. There is however, a minimal gap between the viewable screen and where the coloured edge starts. Overall very very happy with this, and as i said, paired with the Airjacket it works well.

Attached Files:

15. buysomesthing macrumors newbie

I searched now in the US has BENKS, we can checked out on benks.us, seems like they have promotion now.