Anyone tried Bluetooth Watches?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CavemanUK, Sep 13, 2011.

1. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

I fancy going all "super spy" and am interested in getting a new watch that supports bluetooth. Im looking for a watch that could tell me who's calling me on the display. maybe even act as a handsfree kit (tho not essential).

Has anyone tried this? can anyone recommend a model? obviously it has to support iPhone! has anyone in the UK got any recommendations?

2. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I used to have a Fossil designed Sony Ericcson watch back when I had one of their handsets. I loved the watch and have always been on the look out for one that would work with an iPhone.

There are not many around, and the ones that are seem to be geared towards Android, probably due to Apple's maddening restrictions.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

http://www.imwatch.it/

Preordered ;)

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

How much was that?

5. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Ive seen this and im dubious about it. The wording on the site is a little strange and it skirts around the specifics. For example it shows an iPhone and other Android phones yet there is no further information. It shows app icons that are very similar to Apple's, has Apple authorised this? Is it an officially endorsed accessory? It doesnt say.

if it works Ill be interested, but as I say at this stage there is too little info.

6. tyke65 macrumors member

Seems to be 250 euros with a 50% deposit on ordering.

7. Sir Ruben, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011

Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

It also has these quotes on the site:

"i'mWatch with Android is visionary"

and

"The most common operating system in the world with performances never seen before on such a small device."

and

"The operating system is the heart of i’mWatch."

What operating system are they referring to exactly? Android?

Despite the pic of an iPhone on the site I get the feeling there is no concrete information that this will work with the iPhone, unless they are developing an app that will need to run in the background. Looks dodgy to me :/