Anyone tried iPad Camera Connection kit w/iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by FloatingBones, May 8, 2010.

1. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Has anyone connected the Apple Camera Connection Kit dongles to an iPhone or iPod Touch?

What happened when a USB keyboard was connected through the USB adapter?

Thanks!

2. coreydlocke macrumors newbie

The iPhone works, any flash based camera works through the USB port, the touch wont b/c there is no camera.

USB keyboards also work.

3. FloatingBones thread starter macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Thank you. I'm hoping that USB mics will work, too. Andy Ihnatko blogged that his Yeti USB mic works great on an ipad ( see http://ihnatko.com/2010/04/27/usb-microphones-work-with-the-ipad-new-post/ ).

Strangely, I haven't seen anyone blog about using the Camera Connection kit with the iPhone or iPod Touch.

4. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

I have came across this post several times and feel I must clarify for those that may get mislead.

The iPad Camera Connection Kit does NOT work if the dongles are plugged into the iPhone or iPod touch. I have tested it on an iPhone running 3.1.3 and an iPhone running beta 4.0 OS. Both say this device is not supported.

YES you can connect the iPhone into the iPad using the usb dongle, which is what the second poster is referring to. Very different from what the OP was asking about.

I personally would love to see these dongles work directly on the iPhone for the audio interface possibilities, and perhaps the external usb keyboards.

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

i bet we could modify some files on a JB iphone to accept the camera connection kit.

6. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

By any chance have u heard anymore on using the iPad camera connection kit on the iPhone 4?

7. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

8. nlrela macrumors newbie

Anyone any news on how to get it working (JB) ?

9. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Funny but I can connect either iPhone 4 to my iPad (1JB the other Not) and the iPad will suck the pictures and video off either device.

10. nlrela macrumors newbie

Seems to be a cool thing to have more memory via this part ..... surprised that there is only so less interest in it (still no JB software for it...)

11. nightspider macrumors newbie

Any updates on this?

Has anyone with a JB'd iPhone 4 been able to use the iPad camera Connection Kit?

Hope someone out there has..... :)

12. radientkiller macrumors newbie

Camera Connection Kit on iPhone

Some guys have managed to make the Camera Connection Kit work on an iPod Touch 4g running iOS 5.0.1 , hopefully they will make it work on the iPhone too. Seems like the usb keyboard will make typing there so much faster, and even the SD Card is working.

Video of usb keyboard : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvWEDNh4vvs

Video of SD card : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj7JXmgxCC4