Anyone Tried Producing...

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
...a creative video rendition similar to the famous HP (Pictures of your mama) and effects? I understand they used After Effects with several pretty complicated anchor tools. I'd like to take a shot at it with a different theme, of course. Anyone had any experiences? Tools? Tutorials? Links?Recommendations?
X

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2003
Are you referring to the commercial where the guy is taking the empty frames and putting them in front of faces and it freezes like a picture frame. If so I have done something like that i just dont have any place to put up the video. I need a site to host it so i can put it on the net for you guys.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Espnetboy3 said:
Are you referring to the commercial where the guy is taking the empty frames and putting them in front of faces and it freezes like a picture frame. If so I have done something like that i just dont have any place to put up the video. I need a site to host it so i can put it on the net for you guys.
was it hard to do? The HP commercial looks like it takes a lot of time to do.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
puckhead193 said:
was it hard to do? The HP commercial looks like it takes a lot of time to do.
Here is a link of how to do it using Vegas Video. It explains the principles of it and it can be done in FCP or AE.

The basics are easy, but tweaking it to look really good is the hard part.

LInk

Lethal

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
The biggest problem you'll run into is getting a decent image. If you can get an HDCam and use that, you'll get much better results, especially when making the images. Its not going to be that hard, just time consuming...

Post your results, I'd love to see how you did,

D